• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Freeze, Freeze, Freeze, Freeze. That's Premiere Elements 2018 !!

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had it for over a week now. I'm using it on a nearly new IMac Retina with 16Gb of RAM. No problems with iMovie or any other photographic editor, for that matter.

All Premiere Elements does is freeze on me. At every given opportunity, no rhyme or reason, no warning, no consistency. The damn thing just freezes!

Can't even work through Adobe's own tutorials without the beach ball of death and having to Force Quit.

I've tried everything, turning things off, etc. Downloaded the latest 2018.1 today, and reinstalled. Hurrah! I thought, they are bound to have sorted it. Wrong. It's just the frigging same. Freeze, Freeze, Freeze, Freeze, Freeze, Freeze, Freeze, Freeze, Freeze, Freeze. That's all it is good at.

What is wrong with this software?

Anyone got any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue seems to be unique to OS Sierra and High Sierra. It is not a problem with previous versions of OSX.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thanks for the info. I’m not alone then. But it doesn’t solve anything and the way I look at it, if neither Apple or Adobe wants to address this then buying a different video editor is cheaper than buying a new computer. Maybe I should just get my money back off Adobe and tell them to stuff their software. Is anyone working on this or are they just being childish about this and blaming each other?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user forum and nobody here knows what Adobe is working on. 

There are not that many Mac choices for video editing.  So, if it were me, I would initiate a "chat" session with Adobe Customer Care.  If they can't fix it, then I would get a refund.

Do consider a deep breath before you start.   Remember that thousand of copies of this are sold and, for all but a few, it works fine. 

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to chime in and disagree. I also have this issue and if I had known about it, would have spent my money differently. If it's a known issue, I've wasted a ton of time and have to scramble to find something to complete something I started.

I miss the Final Cut days... this is ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, I'm running 2018 on 10.13.4 High Sierra without those problems (on both an iMac and MacBookPro; so I don't think it's a High Sierra issue. If I may; let me suggest the following:

1. Close all of your other programs.

2. Re-start your computer

3. Open PRE and only PRE 2018

4. Load your video, do a simple cut and remove a chunk, and then export it. Save it.

If it still freezes, then it may or may not be the video. Shoot a simple video with your iPhone (or other kind of phone video) and go through steps 1-4 again. If it doesn't freeze, then the problem looks like the video you're using.

A couple of things I've found that PRE doesn't like:

—Use small format graphics. Don't use PNG files. I develop with PNG for later editing, but when they go into PRE, I use JPEG format exclusively.

—Use frequent saves. I know there's an 'auto-save' and while that's fine, use save and save-as to completely clear your buffers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines