• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Freezing when trying to play preview.

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The software will load just fine. I can upload files into the program and drag them onto my timeline. Preview reflects the position in the video when manually dragging the marker. But as soon as I press play to view a proper preview, the preview freezes and eventually the entire program crashes. I've tried updating windows, gpu drivers, restarting everything. Tried the 16.0.old trick. That didn't work, it just created an entire new 16.0 folder.

I just got the EVO 15-s gaming laptop from OriginPC.

Windows 10 Home

Intel i7-8750H

Nvidia GTX 1070 Max-Q

16GB RAM

Trying to use MP4 and AVI files.

I ran Premiere Pro CC and After Effects CC on a five year old Asus laptop with integrated graphics. While it was a bit slow, everything functioned properly. So it's not the hardware here. This hardware should handle this program easily. I've seen some people on the forums with similar issues but no answers. Can anyone tell me what's going on?

Thanks for reading.

-Q.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hard to say without knowing more about your source video files. MP4s and AVIs can use any number of codecs, not all of which edit well.

Also, I hope it goes without saying that you should ensure that you have the latest drivers for your graphics card from the nVidia site (Don't trust Windows to provide them).

To keep things simple start with your MP4s. (I'm assuming they all come from the same source and have the same specs.) Open one of your MP4s in the free download MediaInfo and, in MediaInfo, set View to Text. Copy and paste the report it generates to this forum.

Once we know the specs of your video, we may have a better idea what is going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines