• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

gaps in video

Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2017 Sep 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somehow the movie I'm working on now has some blank areas right in the middle of a video scene and it won't let me close the gap.  Can someone explain how to do this?  It will not let me delete it or connect it by pulling it back over.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2017 Sep 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is on the parallel video and audio tracks?

If there is video or audio on any of the parallel tracks, you don't have a true gap, so the Delete and Close Gap option will not be available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No other video or audio that can be SEEN, but as I playback I can hear some audio (in parts).  It keeps stopping and I have to restart.  It's like somehow a monkey wrench got thrown into the whole project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Steve's answer doesn't help, can you post a screenshot of all the tracks on the timeline at that point?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I do that Bob?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking now at my monitor and every photo icon (sorry if not the right terminology) has changed from being able to see the photo or video to blank.  Is there a limit as to how much I can store on the monitor to  work with in the video?  Could that be throwing everything into train wreck?  The video is only 20-some minutes long at this point though.  I had it at 45 at one point, so I don't understand?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't delete the audio that went with the video I already deleted.  How does the audio portion of a video remain after you've deleted the video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A blue line comes up like a frame where it won't let me delete.   Sorry to be all over the place, but I'm in a bit of a panic.  This is the first time I've worked with Adobe Premier Elements 14.  I've made videos for the last 10 years with Windows Movie Maker though.  I need to find a tutor! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, after talking to Adobe "people" they say that this "glitch" that caused everything to go haywire has happened to them too.  I have to start the whole project over and hope and pray it doesn't happen again.

Since I have to do that, can you tell me how to apply a default transition to the entire movie?  The first one I did individually on every clip in the 40 min. video.  I looked for "how to's" in the Guided section but it doesn't say how to do that.  I also called Adobe directly for help, but since I have the Premiere 14 (and not 15) they're not willing to give me help over the phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This one's right out of my book, Patti!

Select a group of clips, right-click and select Timeline/Apply Default Transition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines