• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

generic error message when importing music

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a premier neophyte trying to make a simple video slide show with some music and photos.  I keep getting a generic error message when I try to import music from my library. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are your music clips M4As from iTunes? iTunes music has copy protection that will block you from using it in a video editing project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes they are. I thought that may have been the case so I tried just recording the music by holding my phone next to the computer speaker and then downloading that file, but I still got that error when importing to premier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I had experienced something similar once. As @Steve_Grisetti mentioned, I was using an unsupported file and that too with with copyright protection. I was unable to see the file at the time of importing it. Could you share more details:

• What is the format of the music file that you are using?
  • Where have you saved the files?
  • Could you share the sample file with us?

Check out this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/premiere-elements/kb/supported-file-formats.html

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines