Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting export error in Adobe Premiere Elements 18

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I can't seem to figure out what the problem is when I am exporting a video. I'm attempting to export what seemed like a simple video but I can't seem to export it at all. I'll list my laptop specs and post a few pictures below. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you so much!

Specs:

CPU - Intel Core i7-7500U @ 2.70GHz

RAM - 16GB SDRAM

GPU - Integrated Intel HD Graphics 620

OS - Windows 10

2018-03-01 09_02_06-.jpg2018-03-01 09_05_36-.jpgProperties of clips used in video.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Adam,

Thanks for posting that you found a solution. 

I have an undocumented work flow that helps me keep track of my projects and take advantage of a fast SSD on my laptop.

I create a unique folder on my C:\ drive for each project.  I put everything from the scratch disks (in preferences) to the media in that folder or organized subfolders.  ( I use copies of the media, not the originals.)

When I am done, or want to put it away for later work,  I can move the entire folder to a storage drive.  I

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you saving the finished video? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I am saving the video to a folder I made in My Documents. I'm on a work laptop so It's a standard user account (not sure if that is relevant).

Thank You!

Adam Nieri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on what you've provided it should be working! 

Can you describe your project more?  What camera, what settings, etc.  What are the project settings and how were they set?

One guess is that Premiere Elements is having trouble "upscaling" you video.  Your source clips are 1280 x720.  Your selection for output is 1920x1080.  What happens when you try the 1280x720 HD output choice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on what you've provided it should be working!

My thoughts exactly! haha

Can you describe your project more?

It's a small 3min video describing the process of dairy farming (I work for a dairy farm/farm market) that will be played on loop on a dispaly TV in our dairy department.

What camera, what settings, etc.

The footage was filmed back in June and it was done by an outside media group. I'm not sure of the camera or settings

What are the project settings and how were they set?

2018-03-01 12_43_02-Project Settings.jpg

What happens when you try the 1280x720 HD output choice?

This actually worked! Should I be staying away from upscaling completely?

Thank you for your help!

Adam Nieri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may have spoke too soon.

When I exported the video at 1280 x 720 in MPEG format (not sure why that was selected) it worked. However, when trying to export as MP4 - H.264 I was met with the dreadful error.

-Adam Nieri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm confused about the source footage, how you arrived at the project settings and why the 1280 x 720 MPEG output won't work.

Regarding "upscaling", the normal expectation, for best quality, is to have the source files, project settings and output settings all be the same.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm confused about the source footage

I'm not sure I follow. Is there a way to find details about the source footage from just the video clips? I wasn't here when the clips were filmed so I don't know a whole lot about how they were filmed.

How you arrived at the project settings

I wouldn't say I arrived at the project settings. This is my first time using Premiere Elements 2018 so I'm learning. I've been using Photoshop Elements and Lightroom for a few years, but I am new to Premiere Elements. When I began a new project I just used the default settings; I didn't really think to look at them.

Why the 1280 x 720 MPEG output won't work.

It does work. The video downloaded just fine in MPEG. However, I can't play it with Windows Media Player. Also, the display TV plays MOV or MP4.

Regarding "upscaling"

If I changed the project settings to match the source files do you think that would make a difference? I can't seem to change any of the project settings now; would I have to create a project and start all over again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

whsprague,

I may have just figured it out. If so, I'm such an idiot. I thought I had moved the video files into "My Documents" but turns out they were still on the NAS. So I smacked myself in the forehead and moved the files onto my local drive "My Documents" and the export worked fine.

I really appreciate your help and If I have any further issues of the same sorts I'll be sure to let you know.

Thank you!

Have a great day,

Adam Nieri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adam,

Thanks for posting that you found a solution. 

I have an undocumented work flow that helps me keep track of my projects and take advantage of a fast SSD on my laptop.

I create a unique folder on my C:\ drive for each project.  I put everything from the scratch disks (in preferences) to the media in that folder or organized subfolders.  ( I use copies of the media, not the originals.)

When I am done, or want to put it away for later work,  I can move the entire folder to a storage drive.  I don't open the project on the storage drive but will move it back to C:\ if I want to. 

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting this!  I was having the same problem; I was trying to save myself a step of moving my mp4 export files to an external archive disk, but kept getting an "unknown error."  Tried saving the mp4 to the desktop and it worked just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same error...
It appeared to be the location I was saving to: It was syncing (like Dropbox).
When I change the folder/drive it wasn't any problem anymore!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines