• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting Unlock Key with MPEG2 Component Serial Number (Adobe Premiere Elements 4)

New Here ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had Adobe Premiere Elements 4 for sometime. I was trying to reinstall it for a project for my son. When I did so, I got a screen asking me to go to a now defunct web address where I was supposed to enter my MPEG2 Component Serial Number. Since this website is no longer functioning, how am I supposed to activate my product? I called Adobe but they said they no longer support the product and that I'd have to contact the forums for help. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You've definitely got an antique there, kramer. Version 4 was released over a decade ago. It could edit pretty much tape-based miniDV and HDV footage only and not only will it likely not play well with today's non-tape-based video but it may not even run well on any current operating systems.

But that said, there is likely no way to activate the MPEG component in software that old. The systems for doing so have long been discontinued.

However, one possible solutions is to install the free trial of Premiere Elements 2018. This will possibly install the MPEG component and version 4 will be able to use it.

No guarantees. But it's worth a shot, and some have reported it has worked for some older versions of the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines