Highlighted

Glitches Where Video Clips Are Combined in Adobe Premiere Elements 11

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I use a Sony Hi-Def Camcorder to record trip videos.  The camcorder records onto memory cards, I believe in .mts AVCHD format.  The camcorder automatically starts a new video clip every 12 minutes or so (for chapter purposes maybe?).  I want to combine the video clips into longer files, in a Hi-Def AVCHD format, so that I can watch 2-hours of clips at a time, non-stop, and in proper order, on my computer from blu-ray data disk or hard drive.

Anyway, I've been trying to do this using Adobe Premiere Elements 11.  I keep it in Quick mode, to keep things simple, and drop in each .mts clip, copied from the memory card, in proper order.  Then I used the publish feature to output a single file.  I used the file analyzer on the menu to find out the characteristics of the camcorder clips and picked the best-quality output mode that most closely matched the characteristics of the input files.  The result was an AVCHD clip, but the file was .m2t, another type of AVCHD file (so I figured that was okay).

The quality of the output file is good, except for one glitch.  Sometimes, for just a second, the audio will go out, and the video will glitch at the same time.  I have noticed that this occurs at points where the camcorder automatically split an ongoing recording into a new video file, and then I recombined the clips later.

Obviously, it's annoying that it can't be a nice seamless video clip, like when it was recorded.  I believe the clips on the memory cards are seamless when I play them on the camcorder.  Does anyone know why this is happening, and how to fix it, such as a setting on Adobe Premiere Elements 11?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Glitches Where Video Clips Are Combined in Adobe Premiere Elements 11

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I use a Sony Hi-Def Camcorder to record trip videos.  The camcorder records onto memory cards, I believe in .mts AVCHD format.  The camcorder automatically starts a new video clip every 12 minutes or so (for chapter purposes maybe?).  I want to combine the video clips into longer files, in a Hi-Def AVCHD format, so that I can watch 2-hours of clips at a time, non-stop, and in proper order, on my computer from blu-ray data disk or hard drive.

Anyway, I've been trying to do this using Adobe Premiere Elements 11.  I keep it in Quick mode, to keep things simple, and drop in each .mts clip, copied from the memory card, in proper order.  Then I used the publish feature to output a single file.  I used the file analyzer on the menu to find out the characteristics of the camcorder clips and picked the best-quality output mode that most closely matched the characteristics of the input files.  The result was an AVCHD clip, but the file was .m2t, another type of AVCHD file (so I figured that was okay).

The quality of the output file is good, except for one glitch.  Sometimes, for just a second, the audio will go out, and the video will glitch at the same time.  I have noticed that this occurs at points where the camcorder automatically split an ongoing recording into a new video file, and then I recombined the clips later.

Obviously, it's annoying that it can't be a nice seamless video clip, like when it was recorded.  I believe the clips on the memory cards are seamless when I play them on the camcorder.  Does anyone know why this is happening, and how to fix it, such as a setting on Adobe Premiere Elements 11?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 01, 2017 0

Have something to add?