• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GPU acceleration with Premiere Elements 2019 ?

Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently trying Premiere Elements 2019. Even for playback of imported videos, CPU is 100%. And it is no longer smooth as soon as filters are added. By contrast, GPU usage remain Under 5%.

I'm using other Adobe products (photography) where my GC is recognised and used without an issue.

Does Premiere Elements 2019 benefits from a GPU, at least during playback ?

---

Laptop with recent i7-8565U CPU, and a MX150 GPU (not great but fully capable of playing 4K perfectly smoothly)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

tokumeino  wrote

...... CPU is 100%. And it is no longer smooth as soon as filters are added.

Are you initiating preview rendering after the filters are added?  Also, double check your Audio Hardware preferences.  The Default Input should be "None".  Setting to none may relieve some of the CPU workload as it plays previews.  

There are also settings on the General Preferences page that may make a difference.  The Hardware Acceleration setting may have a a backwards effect.  Turning it off has been know to improve playback.   Try the different settings under Timeline Render Quality too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines