• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GPU "Not chosen because of kernel failure"

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Premiere Elements 2018 on a  laptop running a Gforce 840M graphics card which isn't be detected under preferences

When i run GPU sniffer i get this error Not chosen because of kernel failure.

All of my drives are up to date. Any thoughts on how to get this working?

xx.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My experience is making "home videos" up to about 10 minutes in length.  More than that, viewers fall asleep!

My choice is to not worry about sniffers, kernels and GPUs,   There is one setting in Preferences about hardware acceleration.  Having it checked or not makes minimal difference.

Try turning it off. 

If you are making documentaries or more serious videos, consider using "professional" software like Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is simply terrible advice. The use of my video not important. Handing off rendering to my GPU should make a massive difference.

I don't need premiere pro, this software is designed to be able to offload work to another bit of hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have onboard (intel) video, try turning that off in the bios.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Core+Matrix  wrote

That is simply terrible advice. The use of my video not important. Handing off rendering to my GPU should make a massive difference.

I don't need premiere pro, this software is designed to be able to offload work to another bit of hardware.

Sorry if my advice is bad.  Based on my own testing, there is little difference in output rendering performance with Hardware Acceleration on or off.  It may be that Premiere Elements uses it for preview rendering.  (My computer has an Nvidia GPU).  It is not entirely clear when reading specs, but Premiere Elements does not use CUDA but seems to use Intel Quick Sync.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines