Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GPUSniffer recognizing GPU calculation capabilities but Elements 2021 does not

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Recently I've been trying to get Premiere Elements 2021 to render using my AMD Radeon RX480 GPU. I saw that this isn't in the list of compatible videocards and Elements uses the standard software renderer.

But since the RX480 supports GPU Calculations (OpenCL 2.0 under current up-to-date drivers), I thought I'd run GPUSniffer.exe and find out what it thinks about my videocard.

As expected: GPUSniffer reports back that my videocard is perfectly capable of doing GPU calculations. Isn't there a way to also let Premiere Elements know that it's capable of doing so? If not, why not? If so, then how do I do it?

I'm not really fond of sitting for a couple of rendering hours twiddling my thumbs by making the CPU sweat while there is a better option right there sitting in front of me.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW, you're not missing anything. The new GPU enhancements have nothing to do with how fast your finished video will render. The GPU-enhance timeline merely improves soft rendering abilities for previewing your timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh that's interesting. So it isn't possible to speed up the rendering time when exporting my video? Even a couple of minutes cost me up to half an hour of just rendering time. Same goes with just rendering the previews, they take just as long. I hoped having the GPU do the heavy lifting would knock this number down. Last time I rendered an hour long video that straight up needed almost full 24-hour day of rendering time.

I have people telling me that I'm doing something wrong if it takes this long. And seeing that my CPU is working overtime, I saw this was the obvious bottleneck. But I understand this is actually normal? One friend of mine is using Apple (I'm on Windows 10) but has less hardware specs than me. Yet his rendering speed is immense in comparison. Might the problem lie there perhaps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only Intel igpus speed up rendering and right now on desktops it is very buged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is about rendering not playback performance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Adobe language this is the same.

Rendering means making preview files not exporting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is very slow encoding which is merely hardware accelerated on Intel IGPU. It is very buggy and not very effective (when works).

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/kb/gpu-accelerated-rendering---hardware-encoding.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a core i9 desktop 16  cores at 5 Ghz . ! hour rendering 1080p/30 Fps 5 Mbs (software) takes me 10 minutes . Dont try to render videos on underpowered shitt_y laptop CPUs lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is completely meaningless info. 1h project can take between 10min to 2h on my modern computer depending on effect used. Giving a specific time for your task doesn’t tell much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah it feels like you're bragging about your hardware. Where your last sentence even makes it sound immature. Pipe it down and don't make baseless assumptions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Mike5CF1 

We maintain a separate GPU allowlist file at our end for the GPU Acceleration feature.

As of now, these are the recommended GPUs: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/using/gpu-acceleration.html#recommended_cards

We encourage you to participate (if not already) in Adobe Premiere Elements Beta Tester Program for GPU acceleration feature. Your participation in this Program is governed by the Adobe Pre Release Agreement and you must view and accept them to proceed. 
Click on this form to be part of Adobe Premiere Elements Beta Tester Program. (You can read more about this on page: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/using/gpu-acceleration.html#unsupported_cards)

Thanks, Gaurav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines