• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Green Lines in Adobe Premiere Elements

Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JPG.JPGI recently did an update on my computer, and after the update all I see are these green lines in my preview.  I've heard of this problem before, but the solution seems to be to get an older version of a driver, which I don't really plan on doing.  Is there any way to fix this without getting an older driver, or am I stuck with a green barcode on my screen?  Thanks.

Note: I am using Adobe Premiere Elements 2019

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

I'm not sure why this is suddenly becoming an issue, but yours is the third posting I've seen on this issue in the last two weeks!

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-elements/stripes-in-the-workspace/td-p/11335268?page=1

Indications are that it's related to your graphics card's driver. Don't trust Windows to give you the latest driver. Go to the nVidia, AMD or Intel site and search for the driver for your card. These drivers are updated every couple of weeks, and an outdated one can cause

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure why this is suddenly becoming an issue, but yours is the third posting I've seen on this issue in the last two weeks!

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-elements/stripes-in-the-workspace/td-p/11335268?page=1

Indications are that it's related to your graphics card's driver. Don't trust Windows to give you the latest driver. Go to the nVidia, AMD or Intel site and search for the driver for your card. These drivers are updated every couple of weeks, and an outdated one can cause all sorts of problems. (Although, as you've noted, sometimes the LATEST driver can cause issues and you have to backdate to an earlier one. But in the vast majority of the cases, updating solves the problem.)

You don't say what graphics card you have, but my nVidia card's latest driver is dated July 9. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve, thanks for the reply.

Turns out you were right, Windows thought I had the latest drivers, but when I went to Intel's website there was a new update available.  I downloaded the latest driver and everything seems like it's back to normal.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i have the same problem with the stripes. All drivers checked and they where new. I looked by Intel. What can i do ?

Sorry for my bad english! Greetings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem.  Updated drivers and still green lines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! Drivers are all newest version (and none to roll back to), and green lines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@OlafSE71, @William5E3C and @Joel5FBF

Can you please share your machine details here like

1. What all GPU does your machine has?

2. Driver version of every GPU?

2. Windows version

3. RAM

4. Hard disk etc

Thanks, Gaurav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although this YouTube is about Premiere Pro, I suspect the same 'repair' will work with Premiere Elements.  The video shows how to easily 'roll back' the Intel driver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFASW5oZtwg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this def did not help at all i have the news dirvers and im so frustrated i have a 2000 Legion Lenovo and i cant work im paying for a what at this point i need more reliable software that when it recommends something for it to actually be compatible with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great!!! It worked with Adobe Elements 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same happened to me today/ They want us to move/buy a newer version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You shouldn't have to buy anything. Just keep your GPU drivers up to date. nVidia even has free software called GeForce Experience that will help you ensure you have the latest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Newest drivers downloaded here using GeForce Experience...no luck, still the green lines all over my video preview, it can't be just me that it's costing Adobe money from as I'm not upgrading to 2021 with this issue ongoing, I'm on a new Acer laptop with an i7 processor and an NVidia RTX3060 graphics card with 16GB of RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Premiere Pro and MAYBE Premiere Elements use the STUDIO driver, not the GAMING driver
•such as (MAY not be the latest) https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/results/170344/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It says this is not compatible with my version of Windows...I have Windows 10...why would it not be compatible???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Default...,

I think the "problem" is that with any version, the underlying code is months old when it is released.   It is tested and it works.   Then when Windows, Intel, Nvidia, etc. do an update there may be a mismatch.   You may have to "roll back" to a previous driver.  

If it were me and I couldn't get it to work, I would start and online chat session with Adobe technicians.  

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/2.html?rghtup=autoOpen&adobe_mc_sdid=SDID%3D0E3CC8A1781FC19D-0728C23...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crusty,

This is a user group where most are not concerned if you pay for a new version or not. You can try the new version for a few weeks without paying. If it works better for you, that might be a reason to buy the new version.   

It may be that your version of Premiere Elements was created ("coded") with a perfectly good NVida driver. Then NVidia changed/updated the driver to accommodate a new video game creating an unknown and unplanned anomaly.

The two possibilities for you are to use the NVidia app and pick and older driver OR double check you are using NVidia's "Studio" driver for people that doesn’t need to emphasize game performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the trial of the new version...it was the same, I've now downloaded the latest Studio drivers and looked at others on the NVidia website, still no joy. I guess I'll just have to go elsewhere for video editing, no big problem.

The studio drivers seem to have some optimisation in there for Lightroom so thanks for pointing me in that direction, that's more beneficial for me than video 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  My computer is less than a year old.  I have the newest version of premiere elements.  I should not have to buy anything to get it to be useable.  I've tried updating my driver.  This is a major problem with the software.  No one seems to give a solution that actually works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to fix the issue on my Acer Predator, Windows 10, Nvidia GeForce RTX2070, APE 2021 by:

1. Updating to the latest Nvidia driver (Studio)

2. Open the Nvidia Control Panel

3.  3D settings -> Manage 3D settings

4.  Program settings tab: 

a. Add Adobe Premiere Elements program

b. select the NVidia graphics process (might default to the Intel)

5. Refresh desktop

6. Run APE normally (doesn't have to be in admin mode)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks default7x66qy3gb6t4,

This solution worked for me...at last

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All. I've had a bit of a going on trying to resolve the issue I have had with my 2021 APE and horizontal green lines in the main video editing window!!!

Thankfully I managed to fix this irritating issue (after some perseverance), the answer for me was down loading the very latest Intel Graphics Driver for my Acer Predator Helios 300 PH517-53. It's a simple fix but takes a frustrating amount of time to find the answer and resolve.

I hope my fix helps those involved with Non Professional video editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines