Highlighted

Green Lines in Adobe Premiere Elements

Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JPG.JPGI recently did an update on my computer, and after the update all I see are these green lines in my preview.  I've heard of this problem before, but the solution seems to be to get an older version of a driver, which I don't really plan on doing.  Is there any way to fix this without getting an older driver, or am I stuck with a green barcode on my screen?  Thanks.

Note: I am using Adobe Premiere Elements 2019

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Steve Grisetti | Adobe Community Professional

I'm not sure why this is suddenly becoming an issue, but yours is the third posting I've seen on this issue in the last two weeks!

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-elements/stripes-in-the-workspace/td-p/11335268?page=1

Indications are that it's related to your graphics card's driver. Don't trust Windows to give you the latest driver. Go to the nVidia, AMD or Intel site and search for the driver for your card. These drivers are updated every couple of weeks, and an outdated one can cause all sorts of problems. (Although, as you've noted, sometimes the LATEST driver can cause issues and you have to backdate to an earlier one. But in the vast majority of the cases, updating solves the problem.)

You don't say what graphics card you have, but my nVidia card's latest driver is dated July 9. 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Green Lines in Adobe Premiere Elements

Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JPG.JPGI recently did an update on my computer, and after the update all I see are these green lines in my preview.  I've heard of this problem before, but the solution seems to be to get an older version of a driver, which I don't really plan on doing.  Is there any way to fix this without getting an older driver, or am I stuck with a green barcode on my screen?  Thanks.

Note: I am using Adobe Premiere Elements 2019

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Steve Grisetti | Adobe Community Professional

I'm not sure why this is suddenly becoming an issue, but yours is the third posting I've seen on this issue in the last two weeks!

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-elements/stripes-in-the-workspace/td-p/11335268?page=1

Indications are that it's related to your graphics card's driver. Don't trust Windows to give you the latest driver. Go to the nVidia, AMD or Intel site and search for the driver for your card. These drivers are updated every couple of weeks, and an outdated one can cause all sorts of problems. (Although, as you've noted, sometimes the LATEST driver can cause issues and you have to backdate to an earlier one. But in the vast majority of the cases, updating solves the problem.)

You don't say what graphics card you have, but my nVidia card's latest driver is dated July 9. 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 08, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 08, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve, thanks for the reply.

Turns out you were right, Windows thought I had the latest drivers, but when I went to Intel's website there was a new update available.  I downloaded the latest driver and everything seems like it's back to normal.  Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 08, 2020 1
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i have the same problem with the stripes. All drivers checked and they where new. I looked by Intel. What can i do ?

Sorry for my bad english! Greetings

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 11, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem.  Updated drivers and still green lines.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! Drivers are all newest version (and none to roll back to), and green lines.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although this YouTube is about Premiere Pro, I suspect the same 'repair' will work with Premiere Elements.  The video shows how to easily 'roll back' the Intel driver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFASW5oZtwg

I will share with you how to fix this green line ... Donate me 2 dollars, please INDIAN RUPEE (150 RUPEES) My WhatsApp number +91-9020302024 ( google pay ,ph...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0