• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

H.265 import to Windows 10 Premiere Elements 2020...

Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am upgrading my DJI Mavic Pro Drone to a DJI Mavic 2 and it saves in H.265 10 bit files. Will I be able to import them into my Windows 10 Premiere elements 2020?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rather than risk making a blanket claim, I'd recommend you download the free trial of the program and give it a test drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There were a couple topic created this last month where GoPro H.265 footage at 60 fps were not working.  In one, the creator of the post sent me a sample and I could not get it to work either.   There are always "work arounds", but those are inconvenient.   

With the exception of the 60 fps footage, I've been able to load all other H.265 footage into Premiere Elements 2020.  

If you have some  DJI Mavic 2 footage, I would enjoy a sample via dropbox!  I want to buy one of those too!

As Steve wrote, don't spend real money until you test it with the free trial.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep I will be getting it at the end of the month. As I do photography I found the MPP too restricted as I needed to use ND filters all the time to get my settings correct. I prefer the idea of the Hasselblad with aperture settings and of course 10 bit. Also I use a Crystalsky as this tranforms your ability to see and adjust your shots accurately. Sounds expensive but to put it into perspective only the price of a decent lens I find Photoshop & Premiere elements 2020 very good but if you haven't already sussed it out you defo need to disable Autocreations in your startup manager as it grabs far too many resources. I use a high spec workstation and it even gives that a battering. I hope Adobe get around to optimising it as it is seriously bad at the moment. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Steve but I already have PSE and Premiere Elements 2020. It's just that I don't hve the Mavic 2 yet as I am using the Mavic Pro Platinum and that is only H.264... worse case scenario is I have to change from pe to Cyberlink software. That would be a shame as I love Photoshop products as I have been using them since the eighties... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines