• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having audio problems in Premeire Elements 2020

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can play a file in a folder or on my desktop. After it is imported into timeline, i can not hear audio anymore. The audio meters show there is audio on the timeline. After timeline is exportrd, the file has the audio when played. Iv'e re-installed elements. My other video editors can hear audio on timeline..Audio won't play in project assests. Any suggestions? 

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First guess is that you have muted the audio with the small button on the left of the timeline.  Second guess is that you may need to change settings in Edit > Preferences > Audio Hardware.   Another possibility is that you are using Windows 7 and editing AVCHD video.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding. You solved my problem. First, I was aware of the audio mute button on the timeline. Also, I am using windows 10.

When earlier, I went to edit preferences, I didnt believe the options were enabled for me to change them. But they were. I didn't under stand the options so i just tried changing them. Now I have audio. Great! I've been using Elements for ever and don't know why anything changed in preferences. Just happy it's working. Thanks for solving my problem.

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joe,

What might be happening is that an update or change to Windows links to the preferences.  Its only a suspicious because I can't make it happen.  But, I've had it happen and seen it happen.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks so much. I'm a happy man.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines