Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having to "force quit" when opening .prel file on Premier elements 15

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I nearly finished editing a video, and when i click on the file "movie.prel" to do the final touches, it FREEZES and does NOT let me edit, and the files don't even show up. It opens elements 15, and then freezes. ALL i need to do is to do a few more edits and save the video, however when it opens premier elements and goes to 100%, none of the clips are shown, and freezes, then I need to click on "elements" and then go to "force quit." This happens EVERY time. Why is it doing this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you mean when you say "when I click on the file". Are you using File/Open to open your movie.prel file?

What operating system do you have? Which processor do you have and with how much RAM? How much free, clean, freshly defragmented space is on your hard drive?

Does your program freeze when you open and build a new project or only with this project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its a Mac and a new mac

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports), 2 Ghz intel core i5, 8 GB 1867 MHz. Its not the memory or processor. Only ONE .prel file freezes when I open it. The others open with no problem. Why is the one file keep freezing? I copied it, saved another copy on a USB and opened it in USB, it is still freezing.

The program ONLY freezes with this one project and none else. When I click on .prel file (purple and black logo), it loads and opens premiere elements, the project saying "loading project" to 100%, however the files in adobe elements do not open. Why does this happen and how can I get the project to open so i could edit my files? The other projects work except this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the program only has problems with this one file, try opening a backup of this file. You will find the backups in the same directory folder as the .prel file, in the Adobe Premiere Elements Auto-Save folder.

If you are still having issues opening a backup, I wouldn't be so sure that it's not a hardware resource issue. But without more specific information on your processor, the version of your Mac OS and the amount of free space on your hard drive, I can't be sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines