• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help preparing for PC upgrade

Participant ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am about to build a new computer to use my ALR(CC), APS(CC) and Premiere Elements on.  I will be transferring my current SSD (which is my current "C" drive) and HDDs (data storage only) to the new build, but EVERYTHING else will be new, i.e. motherboard, CPU, memory, etc.  I am using Windows 10 Home in 64bit mode.  Is there something I should do ahead of time to make sure that all my Adobe software will still work, connect, update, etc. after the change?  

Also, is there anything I need to be aware of and need to do after I boot up the new build?

THANKS in advance for all help on this.  I want to be a good boy scout and be prepared.  😉

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

If you're going to replace the only hard drive on your new computer with the only drive from your old computer, you can proceed as is. Nothing will be different, as for as your files and programs are concerned.

Likewise things should be no different if you're replacing your new drive with your old program and data drive. You may need to make sure your data drive has the same drive name as it did on your old computer, but that may happen automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing because I've never done that.   But, I think I would log out of my accounts and uninstall in all the Adobe apps on the old computer before it is taken apart.  Then I would install and log in on the new.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you're going to replace the only hard drive on your new computer with the only drive from your old computer, you can proceed as is. Nothing will be different, as for as your files and programs are concerned.

Likewise things should be no different if you're replacing your new drive with your old program and data drive. You may need to make sure your data drive has the same drive name as it did on your old computer, but that may happen automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines