Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with Premier Elements 13

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

I have tried to contact Adobe but it is impossible.  Web site just keeps sending me round and round and round, so hoping one of you can help.

I have just installed and updated PE 13.  Every time I try to open the prog.  I get a notice telling me there is no disc in Drive E.  Surely this is a fault ?  Also when I do insert the disc and clocik continue the notice closes and immediatly opens up again with the same error message.

Any idea how I can fix this nightmare please?

Kind regards

Phillip

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

I have just installed and updated PE 13.  Every time I try to open the prog.  I get a notice telling me there is no disc in Drive E.

I had that (I believe also with PE14).

I am assuming that drive E: is a CD/DVD drive on your system?  Try rebooting the PC & then starting PE.

I found that I got this message whenever I used the CD drive on my PC (whether to install PE or for any other purpose) .

I did report it on this forum but it seemed that noone believed me!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't say what operating system you're using, but here's the solution for Windows 10:

Try setting your operating system to Show All Files.

Go to C/Users/<your user name>/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Premiere Elements/13.0 and delete the file Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs, then restart your program.

If that doesn't work, change then name of the 13.0 folder to 13.0_old, then restart your program. If for some reason your program doesn't launch when you do this you can change the name f the folder back to 13.0 and you'll be back where you started. No harm done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve

Many thanks for your help.  Unfortunately I don't have 10 but operating on 7.  I tried looking around but don't even have the AppData or Roaming files.  Hope you have the answer for Win 7.

Kind regards

Phillip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you set your Windows File Explorer to Show All Files? You should see it then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for your second reply Steve and your help.  The Skow All Folders was already checked.  Still no jot sorry.  However the advice off hotelechomile - restart the puter, did so the trick.

Your help much appreciated though.

Kind regards

Phillip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just installed and updated PE 13.  Every time I try to open the prog.  I get a notice telling me there is no disc in Drive E.

I had that (I believe also with PE14).

I am assuming that drive E: is a CD/DVD drive on your system?  Try rebooting the PC & then starting PE.

I found that I got this message whenever I used the CD drive on my PC (whether to install PE or for any other purpose) .

I did report it on this forum but it seemed that noone believed me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  Well I believed you.  Tanks very much for your suggestion.  IT WORKED!!!  I restarted my puter and way to go.

Your help much appreciated.

Kind regards

Phillip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At your service 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines