Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I "Add Media" with a HEVC/H.265 clip I get an error:

clipboard_image_0.png

When I click on "Learn More" I get:  

clipboard_image_1.png

I think I have the Windows HEVC Codec from Microsoft on my computer, but can't figure out how to verify that.  

What should I try next?  Thanks.

Bill

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same thing, I actually paid for a package from Microsoft Store that would get the HEVC support (I can view the movie clips in the ordinary viewer so the codec is there). Probably back to handbrake again 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some new info. I tried to install PE on my Surface Go, and on that one it actually works. It imports all the HEVC files just fine into PE 2020. 
I am in contact with Adobe support about this, and they have been very helpful so far but nothing yet on why. The only thing I can think of is that Microsoft removed the support for HEVC files from Windows 10 1709 and you have to download it from the Store. My Surface Go is older so probably that one has a codec that is older and that works. My new computer has never had anything older than 1709 and maybe that has something to do with it.
I will post here if I find out something more. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Bill,

Greetings!

Sorry for the delay. Here's the article with the steps to fix the HEVC import failure issue: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-elements/faq-what-should-i-do-if-premiere-elements-2020-fail...

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines