• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HEVC x265 now WORKING in "Adobe Premiere Elements 2020" (Some TIPS)

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2019 Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i just bought, downloaded and installed "Adobe Premiere Elements 2020" on my PC.

With the promissed support of HEVC x265 codec:

From Adobe: Versions buyer guide with HEVC for 2020:

https://www.adobe.com/de/products/premiere-elements/buying-guide.html

From Adobe: How to use HEVC in 2020 on Windows:

German: https://helpx.adobe.com/at/premiere-elements/using/hevc-decoding-on-windows.html

English: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/using/hevc-decoding-on-windows.html

My tips:

- I had 2 times HEVC Codecs from the Microsoft Store installed (1 old and 1 new)
(Please be sure, that you have only 1 installed from the actual date) for 0.99$

- Be sure that your Windows and Nvidia Driver are up to date

--> Which Windows 10 Version: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/13443/windows-which-version-am-i-running

- Delete the Cache like mentioned in the tutorial: https://helpx.adobe.com/at/premiere-elements/using/hevc-decoding-on-windows.html

Kind regards

Pierre

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2019 Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing this, Pierre! 

Here is the English version of those links.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/using/hevc-decoding-on-windows.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2019 Oct 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should not have to buy the codec from MS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2019 Oct 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you are not correct for "Adobe premiere elemnts 2020" on windows/PC.

For the "Adobe premiere PRO" edition you are right.

But for the "Adobe premiere elements 2020" it seems to be necessary, written in the Adobe Homepage. --> https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/using/hevc-decoding-on-windows.html

And i tested it the last days a lot with uninstalling/installing all drivers again and again.

If i don't have the HEVC from the store, i get an error message (Screenshot attached)

Where did you get your information? And what hardware/software are you useing?

Kind regards
Pierre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same error message. But I refuse to buy a codec.

This should be included with the software, as in Premiere Pro and other consumer video software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. In a software that costs 100€, the codec should be included.
But i am happy that it now works with "just 99 Cent upgrade" for all my Win10 PCs. For just 1* 99Cent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not work for me. I have Windows 10 1903, I bought the codec, I deleted the cache, I updated my nvidia quadro card to the last driver ... and I can't import the files. I receive the message that the files are not compatible on my system and the link you have shown is displayed. But it is not true, I can open the videos with the operating system using any media player. Very frustrating because I have updated since 2019 version for this feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you delete old codec in Windows "Apps and Features" and After that Install the 99cent Codec?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"But I refuse to buy a codec."

I fully agree!  That said, I have a phone that will record stabilzed 4K 60p, but only in H.265.  My computer is strong enough and my (favorite editor) Premiere Elements can now handle it.  So I violated all my principles and spent the 99 US cents.  

My current guess for those that aren't getting it to work is that there may be some anomolies in how the codec is installed after the 99 cents is spent.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hola, aqui esta la solucion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4Kq9txn4_U

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2019 Dec 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not find the Cache files. I have windows 10 pro installed, but I don't know were to locate these files.

Can anybody help me please? I am getting desperate. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2019 Dec 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

these file only exist, when you had imported a video to adobe with "insert merdia".

If you dont have any of these cache files, then everything is ok. They should appear on next video import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have followed all the steps and I have not got it to work. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay i can import the media with HEVC Codec into Adobe Premiere Elements 2020, but as soon as I start playing the Video it gets "blurry" and "stripes" appear all over the screen.

Every other media player (e.g. VLC) doesn't get any problems.

Has anyone had similar problems? And if so, how did you fix them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i am having the exact same issue, file imports correctly, but as soon as i go to play it, it gets stripes and blurry and is pretty much useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes and i can't find anything to solve this issue .. i doubt that it's a hardware problem, i got a brandnew computer last fall. i7-9700, 16 GB DDR4 RAM 3000MHZ, RTX 2060 6GB and two M.2 SSD.

Windows 10 Pro Version 1903 (64 Bit System)

So according to any source from Adobe my computer should be able to process HEVC media, but i still get stripes and it becomes blurry ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I figured out a hack to get it to half a**ed work. basically right click on the video preview window and select playback quality to highest. it will at least attempt to play, although the video is very laggy and not smooth at all you can at least make stuff out enough to do your edits. i was contemplating installing k-lite codec pack basic, but am waiting for adobe to respond first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed k-lite codec pack mega. It works fine with HEVC codec in all programs (VLC, GOM, even so, other video editors...). But NOT in Premiere.

So, I can't understand why a big program like this, can't work fine with this codec. I can't use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never install a codec pack. It messes with the good codec already installed.

Are you talking about Elements or Premiere Pro.

If its the latter post here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/bd-p/premiere-pro?page=1&sort=latest_replies&filter=all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TrueStyle and Icy,

There was a problem if both codecs were installed with a download from Microsoft.  I did that and HEVC would not work on my computer.   Follow the procedure here:  https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-elements/faq-what-should-i-do-if-premiere-elements-2020-fail...

If that fails, go to the Help Menu.  Select Online Support.  It goes to a website with a icon in the lower right screen that will start a "chat" with Adobe.  They will, if necessary, remotely run your computer to fix it.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

thanks for confirming that my tip in the first post was right:

"My tips:

- I had 2 times HEVC Codecs from the Microsoft Store installed (1 old and 1 new)
(Please be sure, that you have only 1 installed from the actual date) for 0.99$"

Kind regards

Pierre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TrueStyle....

There are several things that effect play back starting with you computer.  HEVC may be the most computational intense codec in common use now.  What are the details of your computer?  If not "muscular" you may need to convert the HEVC footage to a different codec.  

Other things include audio hardware settings, preview quality settings, hardware acceleration settings and disk space.  What are they?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea sadly im gonna go with this is actual problem with premier elements.... i said screw it after spending 70 dollars on elements, and downloaded the trial of premier pro, and low and behold everything just works... no lag, weird video issues, nothing wrong. hevc h265 videos are playable and editable, which leads me back to this is an actual software issue with premier elements. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can get the Microsoft CODEC for free form the Micrososft Store at:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/hevc-video-extensions-from-device-manufacturer/9n4wgh0z6vhq 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines