• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hi, I'm using Adobe Premiere Elements 10 on Sony Vaio SVS15115FNB, but I'm not getting better performance.

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have upgraded my Sony Vaio SVS15115FNB from HDD to SSD, but still, I'm not able to get good performance out of Adobe Premiere Elements 10.

I have recently purchased Sony a6300 DSLR camera, and I want to edit HD and 4K videos shoot with my camera into the Adobe premiere elements 10, but once I put the video file into the software, the performance just slows down. I am not happy with this. Please tell me what should I do?

Message was edited by: Ged Traynor Email address removed

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd say version 10 is probably out-gunned as an editor for those formats, vive. That program is, after all, over 6 years old -- and that's a very long time in technology years! 4K is definitely going to be a challenge for that old program.

Try downloading the free trial of version 2018 and see if you get better performance.

If not, please provide us more complete specs: Your operating system, your processor, your RAM load and the amount of space on your hard drive.

Also, go to the program's Edit menu and note the specs that are listed on the General page under Project Settings. If your project settings don't match your video's specs, you'll see a big reduction in performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Steve,

Thanks for your reply. But I want to know that how can I download a trial for Adobe Premiere Elements 18?

Please send the link.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think your laptop is way underpowered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check-out the specs for Sony Vaio SVS15115FNB, and then call my laptop underpowered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check-out the specs for Sony Vaio SVS15115FNB, and then call my laptop underpowered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You CPU scores about 3800 on this chart:  PassMark CPU Benchmarks - High Mid Range CPUs  It may be a very good computer but not for video editing.

If you want pleasing and smooth video editing for HD, and especially 4K, from any software, you need a CPU with a minimum of about 7000 on this chart.  9000 would be better.  PassMark Intel vs AMD CPU Benchmarks - High End

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines