• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Horizontal stripes in preview on new HP laptop with nvidia drivers

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed Premier Elements on my new HP laptop, which came with both "Intel UHD Graphics" and "Nvidia Geforce GTX 1650 Ti with Max-Q Design" drivers installed.  In Premier, all previews display an image overlayed with a full screen of horizontal colored stripes.  (Final videos play OK outside of Premier.)  I know this must be a video driver / software issue, but that model of display driver is explicitly approved by Adobe to work with Premier. 

I have tried installing the very latest driver from Nvidia -- both the latest "Studio" version and the very latest (27.21.14.5655, dated 9/24/20).  No change.  Tried turning on / off "Hardware accelerated GPU Scheduling" in Windows Display Settings.  No effect.   I even tried disabling the NVIDIA driver.  Still horizontal stripes.  

Help, please!

TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been a few posts here recently with the same issue.  It appears to be related to a recent Windows update that updates an Intel graphics driver.   The driver becomes 'newer' than the Premiere Elements code.  The fix has been to 'roll back' the driver using the operating system.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I mentioned, this is a brand new HP computer.  The Intel UHD Graphics driver installed is versikon 27.20.100.8280, and is dated 5/19/20.  There is no older driver on my computer to roll back to (i.e. the "roll back driver" button is greyed out).  Is there some place to obtain the older drivers, and any way to know how far back I need to roll?  And will I need to actively prevent Windows from updating that driver?  

By the way, do you happen to know if this is also a problem with the "Creative Cloud" version of Premier?  

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When updating or rolling back drivers always download them from the manufactures website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new Dell XPS 17 with the same components as the OP... I have the same problem with the green lines.  Also no driver to roll back to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to find a solution on Dell forums... The solution worked for me with the components in the OP.

fix-graphics-on-XPS-17-1.jpgfix-graphics-on-XPS-17-2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@LEATHER5E8B 

This issue generally happens due to the driver version of the GPU. 

If you don't have any driver version to roll back then you can download the old driver version for a GPU from the official website of Nvidia and Intel and then install then manually.

Can you please also share the screenshot of Preferences from PRE.

Steps:

1. Click on Edit -> Preferences -> General

2. Take a snapshot and share with us.

Thanks, Gaurav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to close the loop... I had an opportunity to upgrade to the full Creative Suite and its more advanced version of Premier, so I deleted Premier Elements.  The CS version does not have the same problem, I'm happy to report.

I have to say I am very disappointed that, despite this being a frequently-reported problem with a very popular program, neither NVIDIA, Intel, nor Adobe has directly offered a fix.  But thanks to the community for trying to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines