• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I access downloded menu templates?

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From Premiere Elements 14 I have downloaded all the menu templates, but they do not appear in the Movie Menu.

How can I access them?

Please help me,

Fleming.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What steps did you take to download these files?

How are you trying to access them?

What operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From Tools I open the Movie Menu, click on one of the templates and click on Continue, whereafter the template appears immediately complete with buttons with scenes if I have set Scene Markers.

Unfortunately with only one main movie button which is why one want to download and use one of the templates with more buttons as mentioned the manual-.

Actually I would prefer to make my own templates from scratch, complete with any number of buttons!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the templates following these instructions in the manual:

Download online disc menu templates

Menu templates for Adobe Premiere Elements are available online. To download Menu templates:

• Right-click/Ctrl-click a Menu template.

• Click Download Now to download selected template. Click Download All to download all Menu templates.

• Click the Download in background button to download the contents in background as you continue to work in Adobe Premiere Elements.

I have tried to access them through the Movie Menu.
    My OS is windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you try to apply one of the templates to your timeline?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that your templates all work now? It sounds like you're just unhappy that the menu templates only include one link to your movie on the main menu. (Links to your scene markers appear on your scene menu.) I'm just not clear what's not working for you.

There are a number of ways to create custom menus. I show you how to modify existing templates to meet your needs in my "Muvipix.com Guide to Photoshop Elements" -- but it's a complicated process and it has its limitations.

The easier solution is to output your movie from Premiere Elements and then author your discs in a dedicated program like DVD Architect, which will allow you to create a menu in any style and with as many links on any menu page as you'd like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me try to explain once more.

I click Tools > Movie menu and can now choose between 14 themes, each containing from 2 to 10 templates.

When I left click on one of the templates, it is added to my project.

If I right click on one of the templates I can choose between Download Now and Download All.

I download all which means downloading 2.4 GB, which is fine, as I have lots of space on my hard disk.

I would expect them to be added to the Movie Menu, but they are not!

How do I access them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But what happens if you just add one to your project rather than trying to Download All?

Downloading all can take some time to complete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I now downloaded a single template in the Birthday Theme. It is somewhere on my harddisk but it does not appear anywhere in the Movie Menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry but I'm really not clear what steps you're taking and why it is or is not working.

Once you've downloaded your Movie Menu templates, you don't need to locate them on your  hard drive. You just install them into your project by going to the Toolbar and selecting Tools/Movie Menus.

Are you clear on that? Maybe I'm assuming you understand more than you do with the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once you've downloaded your Movie Menu templates, you don't need to locate them on your  hard drive. You just install them into your project by going to the Toolbar and selecting Tools/Movie Menus.

No! That is exactly the problem. After having downloaded the templates I cannot access them in Tools/Movie Menus  because they are not there!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the thumbnails representing the menu templates not appear there or  are they there but, when you select one, it does not apply itself to your movie?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The downloaded thumbnails representing the menu templates do not appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what did you right-click on when you selected Download All?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I in vain have downloaded the menu templates, I restore the c-drive on my computer with the night´s backup, so I am certain that the downloaded templates are gone.

I have just now once more downloaded all Menu templates, and on the picture you can see from which template I have downloaded  them.

Right click.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, sonnerup. I'm just not getting it.

You say you don't see the thumbnails representing your templates but then you screen shot shows them very clearly.

Maybe someone else should try to help you. Or you should check out my course at lynda.com and ensure that you're taking the correct steps to load and modify the templates.

As I said, I'd recommend trying to just apply one thumbnail rather than trying to download the entire 2 1/2 gig download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Elements 14 arrive with some menu templates when you buy the program.

The manual talks about templates with more menu buttons,  which you do not find in the Movie Menu,and which you must download yourself according to the manual.

Downloading is started from one af the existing templates.

Please look at my answer from November 13th.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I've said, sonnerup. I just don't think you and I are communicating. All of the screenshots in your link indicate that the program is doing exactly what it's supposed to be doing.

Hopefully someone else on this forum can help you out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve - you are not getting it!  I've got the same issue.  When you download a menu template it disappears from the menu selection window and does not appear anywhere that I can find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FWIW there's a nearly two year gap between my last post and your response, Dabhand.

But I still know of no reason this would happen on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines