• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I add multiple text blocks across a video with consistent style

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am making a video showing my activity over twenty days. On the clip for each day I want the days date in the top-left corner. To avoid distracting the viewer I want to ensure that all of the dates are the same size, color, font, location, etc.

At first I set up everything perfectly and then copied the text clip and started editing the copies. But of course they are linked, so when I change the text of one I change the text of all.

How can I unlink the text blocks? I've heard that "New Title Based on Current" is the magic trick but I cannot find that in Premier Elements 15.

I can see that there can sometimes be advantages to having text blocks linked, but there also needs to be a way to create multiple text blocks that can have different text. I would be okay with the styles being linked (that would be excellent!) but having the contents of the text boxes linked is driving me a little bit crazy.

All I want is "April 3rd", then "April 4th", and so on, in a consistent location in the top-left corner.

Any hints on how to make this work?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

As I show you in my books (on Amazon) you can re-use a title's style by duplicating rather than copying it.

To do this, locate the title in your Project Assets, right-click on it and select Duplicate. This will create a duplicate of the title that you can add to your timeline and edit independent of the original title.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I show you in my books (on Amazon) you can re-use a title's style by duplicating rather than copying it.

To do this, locate the title in your Project Assets, right-click on it and select Duplicate. This will create a duplicate of the title that you can add to your timeline and edit independent of the original title.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. However I remain uncertain of what to do. What do you mean by "locate the title in your Project Assets"?

I can see the titles in my timeline but when I right-click there I don't see a Duplicate option - just cut, copy, delete, and a few other non-helpful options.

Is there a separate project assets list somewhere? If so then I haven't found it. Premiere Elements 12 had a list of imported media - was that the Project Assets area? - but Premiere Elements 15 seems to have removed that list.

Note that this is Premiere Elements, not Premiere Pro.

If you can solve this for me I will be very tempted to get your book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Aha! The Project Assets list is hidden unless you are in Expert mode. I went to expert mode, found my text assets, duplicated them, and I'm in business!

Thanks! Time to go buy your book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines