• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I get an MP4 file on an flash drive into my Pre Ele 11?

Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just sent 9 clips of video shot by a professional videographer. The clips are on a thumb drive in the MP4 format. How can I get these clips into my Adobe Premiere Elements 11 editing program? Also, what is the best way to store them on my hard drive? I have a PC computer with Windows 10.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy them onto your hard drive and then import them into Premiere Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try asking here:

Premiere Elements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Premiere Elements forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy them onto your hard drive and then import them into Premiere Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the best way to copy them to the hard drive? Will I copy them to Videos? Once I get the clips onto my hard drive, I'll know what to do. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plug the thumb drive into your computer and use Windows Explorer to copy them from the drive to your hard drive.

BTW, where did these MP4s originate? Are they from a camcorder? Not all MP4s edit well. Many from non-camcorder sources use a variable frame rate that can give video editors fits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A professional videographer made nine clips of a presentation I gave. He sent the clips on a hard drive to a publisher in Colorado. He sent me two flash drives containing the clips. When I insert one flash drive into the USB port on my computer, a screen pops up. I have an option to "Move to" or "Copy to" and other options too. I really don't know what to do.

I want to get these clips on my hard drive so that I can use the Premiere Elements 11 "Files and Folders on my computer" to access them. Once I get the files into the Expert view, I'll know how to edit them and make a sample DVD.

I know this is simple stuff but I'd like to get this thing started.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make a folder on your hard drive using Windows Explorer and then copy the files to that folder.  This is basic PC stuff, not Premiere Elements stuff.  That comes next!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tommyvincent  wrote

Will I copy them to Videos?

You can copy to any location you want. Just remember where you put them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'd also recommend though finding out what those video files are made of before proceeding (though after copying them to your hard drive). It can save you a lot of headaches later.

Open one of your video files in the free download MediaInfo. Set MediaInfo's View menu to Text and then copy and paste the report it generates to this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines