• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I add a background colour to captions in Premiere Elements 13?

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!  There are loads of videos on how to add a title text etc. but I want to add a background colour to my subtitles / captions and I can't find anything on how to do this.  I'd like this to be a gradient / a bit transparent so you can see the video behind the colour.  Other programmes seem to offer this, but I'm struggling to see how to do this.  Please can someone help?!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

The basic techique is to put your background on video track 1 and the content like a title above it on video track 2.  The background can be any image file you find or create.  In Premiere Elements you can create a "Color Matte" for that background.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The basic techique is to put your background on video track 1 and the content like a title above it on video track 2.  The background can be any image file you find or create.  In Premiere Elements you can create a "Color Matte" for that background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for getting back to me. I’ve followed your instructions and think I’ve got it now. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines