• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I copy a customized device?

New Here ,
May 05, 2019 May 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Photoshop Elements / Premiere Elements 13 (I do plan to upgrade).   I want to remove this from my desktop machine and move it to my laptop.
I have one customized output device for exporting my video, that I created for a digital photo frame I have ...   So, how to I make a copy of those settings prior to uninstalling the program on the desktop,  so that I can import it into the program after I install it on the laptop?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can simply log out of the programs on one device and activate it on another. That will move the programs over.

However, moving the settings is a bit more complicated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I understand how to move the  program (I am actually going to de-install from the desktop I think).  Is the custom export setting a 'preset' and are they stored in AppData under Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2019 May 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know where your custom output templates are saved. It's possible someone else does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I understand you wish to transfer your customized settings from one computer to another. I was checking for all the methods to do that and then I got this article: Preference file locations for Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements

Please follow these steps:

1. Follow the locations as mentioned in the article.
  2. Copy the files/folders inside them.
  3. Save the file/folders to a device which can be used to transfer data like a USB device.
  4. Connect the USB to the new computer.
  5. Copy and paste all the files/folders for the customized settings in the exact same location as mentioned in the article.

Let me know if it helps.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Sorry this languished for months but other projects intervened. This answer was very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines