• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I remove a blemish from a short section of video

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a short section of video in a longer project that has a blemish from the camera lens. I can't see an effective way of covering this up or removng it without leaving a worse 'hole'.I've tried a clumsy mask but Motion Tracking says theres nothing to track.

Can anyone suggest a solution please.

I'm using Premiere Elements 2020.

TOPICS
Feature request , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although common and easy in photographs, removing a spot is not common in video editors.  I know of no way to do it in Premiere Elements.  Even Premiere Pro doesn't have a useful tool.   But not to be left out, Adobe does provide the tool in After Effects.  Adobe has recently added "content aware fill" to After Effects and, frankly, it is amazing.

New in Premiere Elements 2021 is a selection tool for effects.  Using a Premiere Pro tutorial as a guide, it might be possible to use a similar technique in Premiere Elements.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU4U9r4cbAY

Would you share your clip via DropBox or similar so that I can try to make it work? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eryts69jpkgqmug/IMG_3988.MOV?dl=0

Thanks for offerring to help. Please try the above link or let me know if it doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenshot.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve,

The file copied to my computer.  Please be a little patient because I need to learn how to use a couple new to me tools.   

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This wont be easy as it is not a stable shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The short version is that I failed.  

After watching a couple YouTube tutorials, I was sure After Effects could do it.  I could not see any way to make it work in Premiere Elements.  Everything seemed to be working in After Effects, but after three attempts, I had memory errors.  Although After Effects seemed to be up to the task, my computer didn't have the strength to do it.  Each of the three tries took about an hour!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"This wont be easy as it is not a stable shot."

Ann,

Thanks for the encouragement!  Although I have (so far) failed, it was a good learning experience.  I might try to break it into pieces and see if After Effects can do it without a memory error.   We will see!

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm really grateful for all your efforts. I didn't expect you to put so much time in on my behalf although you have said its a learning experience which may help someone in the future. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve,

I finally figured it out.  I got 90% of it.  As a new user to After Effects, I didn't know what to do.  Applying the 'content aware fill'  on the entire clip at once caused my laptop to choke.  I kept getting memory errors.  When I broke it into about 10 parts and processed each part separately the computer (slowly!) got the job done.   

To get it right, I have to start over and make some adjustements and better "selections".   Do you still need a repaired clip?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is fantastic news and I'm extremely grateful - more than I could have expected.

A repaired clip would be brilliant and notes of how you did it would be fantastic. Hope the learning experience on the back of this ends up helping lots more strugglers like me.

Thank you

Steve 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve,

I'm enjoying the project because I am a fresh beginner at Adobe After Effects.  It is part of the professional suite that goes with Premiere Pro in the "Creative Cloud".  The "Content Aware Fill" feature was new, or at least newly improved, in 2020.  You are giving me a learning and practice experience!    Premiere Elements does not have this capability.   To see how it works, look on YouTube for a tutorial on "After Effects Content Aware Fill".

My first attempts failed because my computer ran out of memory when I tried to process the whole clip.  It seems to work if done in sections.   However, as you can see the job is incomplete because an artifact shows up part way into the clip.    

I will work on it soon.  I have a couple projects in the way.   I'll use my Vimeo account to provide you the corrected clip when I finish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the work so far.  The artifact shows up at about 50 seconds.   Vimeo allows you to download the original as posted from my comuter. 

https://vimeo.com/496910869/0265122db6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I learned a lot!  Had to try several workflows and one crash, but I now have a new capability in my video arsenal.  It is not perfect but I think it is about 99%!  I replaced the video on Vimeo.  Take another look and download the file for your use.  

https://vimeo.com/496910869/0265122db6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've downloaded the cleaned video and am most grateful for your time and effort. Hope you get to build on the experience and help others.

Thanks once again. Fab job! Might invest in After Effects on your recommendation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines