How do I set by default, delete empty tracks?

Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I set default settings to delete empty tracks? (So I don't have to delete empty tracks every time to make it more customizable with less work?) Thanks

TOPICS
Feature request, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you can do that.  Why would you want to delete empty tracks?  I don't think empty tracks do anything!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to set delete empty tracks as default becuase I don't need all the empty tracks and once deleted it makes it easier to focus

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Consider making a master "template" project.  Put in settings and choices you like and any "trademark" titles, images or footage you use in all your projects.   When you start a new project, open the template and immediatly do a "Save As" to the new project name.   

If you have selected "delete empty tracks" in the template, they will be deleted in the new project.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Or you can simply right-click on the timeline and select Delete Empty Tracks whenever you start a new project. I know that's two mouse clicks you'd prefer not to make -- but since there is no way to set the template up in preferences, your only options are my and bill's suggestions.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines