• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How Do I Turn On Audio Display Format in Timeline?

Explorer ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under Edit >> Project Settings >> General, it is possible to set the Audio Display format to either "Audio Samples" or "Milliseconds".  But how does one get the timeline to actually display the duration using this Audio Display Format instead of the default Video Display Format?

In Premiere Pro this is easily achieved by going to the Sequence Panel, clicking on the dropdown by the sequence name and selecting the "Show Audio Time Units" option.  However, I can find no equivalent command in Premiere Elements.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but that's not it.  Your image is showing the timeline displaying duration using the Video Display Format in Frames and is NOT using the Audio Display Format setting of Milliseconds.  If it were the numbers on the timeline should be formatted as hh:mm:ss.### where ### are the milliseconds.  See for yourself, change the Audio Time Format to Audio Samples and you'll see that the numbers on the timeline do not change as it's displaying the Video Display Format.  Change the Video Display Format to another option and you'll see the timeline format change accordingly.

There has to be an option to switch the timeline Display Format from Video to Audio (and vice versa) but I can't find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ikrananka  wrote

Sorry, but that's not it.  .......

There has to be an option to switch the timeline Display Format from Video to Audio (and vice versa) but I can't find it.

It was a guess!  Sorry it doesn't meet your needs.  

I'm pretty sure Premiere Elements is not related to Premiere Pro CC at the code level.  You may get frustrating trying to find what you want.  I don't know how to help. 

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for trying to help Bill - I do appreciate it.

Premiere Elements and Premiere Pro CC do share some code - even it's from much earlier versions.  For instance the project/sequence presets are more or less identical as are the code numbers for preview video codecs and other parameters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines