Highlighted

How do you turn on the "set in/set out" buttons for the preview window for PE 15?

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ed_in_out_io

Those, right there, on the bottom. I want those.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How do you turn on the "set in/set out" buttons for the preview window for PE 15?

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ed_in_out_io

Those, right there, on the bottom. I want those.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 02, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you're asking.

The area you've designated in the Clip Monitor will be the only portion of your clip that will be dragged to the timeline if you drag from preview window in the Clip Monitor.

You can change the positions for those in and out points by either clicking the Set In and Set Out buttons, pressing the i and o keys on your keyboard or by dragging the in and out points where you want them.

Is that what you're asking? There's no other way I know to "turn them on".

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 02, 2017 0
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IObuttons.jpg

I'm saying that I don't have Set In/Out buttons to click on, and I'd like to change that.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 02, 2017 0
Sep 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can still use the i and o keys.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 02, 2017 0
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not what I asked. I want to know how to get those buttons to show up at the bottom of the preview window. I'm not interested in less efficient alternatives. If I'm expected to pay to "upgrade" from 12 to 15, I expect to get at least the same level of basic functionality, if not better. But certainly not less.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 02, 2017 0
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, using i and o keys is incredibly inconvenient. How do I get these buttons to show up at the bottom of the preview window?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 03, 2017 0
Sep 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no in and out buttons on the Clip Monitor in Premiere Elements 15.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 03, 2017 0
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know. That's what I've been saying.

Where are they and how do I get them back?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 03, 2017 0
Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've said it every possible way, teek.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 04, 2017 0
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And yet my problem persists.

I know those buttons are in PE12, so I know Adobe knows how to make them.

I know Adobe is still presenting them as a feature on their own website.

I know there's no good reason to not have them in 15.

So what do I need to do to get them to appear?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 04, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So much misunderstanding going on here.  Wow. It was a really straightforward question.

Teek, I totally get what you're asking.  The 'set in/set out' buttons in Clip Monitor have mysteriously disappeared. I just installed the 'upgrade' and have spent an hour trying to get them back.  They were a regular part of my workflow.  Now they're gone and it's very frustrating.

If there is no way to get them back I suppose I'll use the 'i' 'O'  keys but removing such an obviously convenient method of setting In/Out points is really quite dumb.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 25, 2019 0
Ann Bens LATEST
Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those button have kind of integrated with the in and out sliders.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 25, 2019 1