• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How long does it take FACE ANALYSIS to process media in Elements Organizer?

Participant ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PROBLEM:  It seems that, after a few weeks, the face analysis feature is still processing media.  Initially, the face analysis process was so intensive, it appeared that the Adobe Elements Organizer program was frozen or unresponsive.  However, Windows Task Manager indicated the program was still running.  Today, face analysis seems to still be running, weeks later, even without the addition of new photos.  The face analysis, over time, has become less intrusive, but we still have the following questions:

1. How long does it take to process the media?  Is there a rule of thumb associated with face recognition?  We are using a Dell Intel Core i9 @ 3.10GHz desktop computer, with 32Gb of memory, and an nVidia GeForce RTX 2070 graphics card.

2. Is there a way to monitor the overall progress?  Occasionally, we see a prompt in the lower status bar that might indicate XXX of XXX videos processed, but don't know where we can go to see these statistics as needed.

3. Is there a way to START/STOP the face analysis if it appears to be slowing down our Photoshop or Premiere Elements program interface?

4. Does face analysis only function when the Adobe Elements program is running or does it also operate in the background when the programs are closed?

5. Does face analysis run for both photos and videos regardless of whether we are working in Photoshop Elements or Premiere Elements?  Or does it only analyze media (photos or videos) based on the program we may be working in at the time?

BACKGROUND:  We are organizing our photos.  There are thousands of photos and videos covering a dozen years or so. Therefore, we are dealing with a large volume, but probably no more than for many other large families.

Thank you for any help, hopefully we are near the end of our new-user questions!

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My experience with Organizer is limited because I prefer Lightroom for organizing.  However, I do know how to shut off the slow analysis because I didn't have the patience to wait for it.  image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the helpful reply.  We are familiar with this preference in Organizer Elements also.  As for the other questions, we would also like an answer from someone so that we can better monitor and understand what is going on during analysis.  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're glad to help you any way we can, Lemon. But do remember that this is a user to user forum. It's designed to help people with problems or to answer quick How-To questions. It's very difficult to answer several questions at once or to deal with deep, complicated issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I apologize, I didn't realize this would be a complex question for an advanced user.  Perhaps, I can simplify my question as follows:

FIRST, does face analysis only run when the program is open?

SECOND, where do we go to see the statistics on the progress of the current face analysis procedures?

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines