• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to add content description to video file...

Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help....this is not necessarily a Premiere Elements question but more of a general video file question.   I am collecting all of my family's videos and creating numerous different movies. 

Aside from the name, I don't see where or how I can include some sort of description of the contents.   I know there is a comments field in the details tab of the file but I am not able to add anything to that field.   Does anyone know how I can do this so I know what is in the videos?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Organizer is designed for exactly this purpose, rv.

The program includes many ways to categorize, search, describe and manage your photo and video files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Steve.   I am looking for this info to be attached to the file itself though so I can see the description outside of the organizer.   I'm storing many of these on flash drives so I can take with me and would like to be able to view what's in the files.  Is that possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For photos, yes. For video, the process of writing and reading metadata isn't always so universal.

How are you reading your metadata?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines