• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to center an object in a shaky video...

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently took video of a SpaceX launch, but I was using a heavy lens and the video is relatively shaky.  Is there any way to edit the video to center the rocket?  I'm an astrophotographer and I use software to superimpose multiple images, but this is not a single point of light I'm trying to track.  It's a dynamic object; it's brightness changes, the trail changes, it's angle and trajectory changes.  I just want to keep the brightest thing in each frame centered.  I can't imagine that's so hard.  I think this is possible with Premiere Pro.  I've seen some videos of soccer balls being centered and what not, but nothing like this.  Any ideas?

TOPICS
Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been thinking about a way to do this all day!  I came up with nothing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used horizontal and vertical lines to make a crosshair on a separate track then every second moved the object over the crosshairs. Very time consuming but it was worth it. You might have to do every half second or less. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you very much for the reply. I actually went with Premiere Pro and
am doing what you say. It is very time consuming, but I do see its impact
and so far it seems very worth it.

--

Regards,

Gary A. Weller

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines