• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change time stretch for text??

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been going through internet and NO ONE has the answer for this question (or if they have the understanding would need a higher degree from computer science).

So really simple thing, I want to add text on one part of the video but not for the default 6s. How do I change that? Because changing it afterwards from the "project assets" will not change it from the timeline. No effect at all does not matter what I do. So how I should proceed or is this something impossible to do in Premiere Elements??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without more information, I'm guessing a little bit.

When you create your text/title it will be on the video line above your primary track.  You "grab" the end of the title/text box with your mouse and drag it to the desired length.  The process is called "trimming" and it works for video tracks, audio tracks and title tracks. 

This YouTube is for version 13, but should apply to whatever version you have.

Premiere Elements tutorial: Adding clips, slice, trim, and ripple edits | lynda.com - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, can you be more specific about adding text to your timeline.

Is it a standard title or a Motion Title? Motion Titles are locked to a specific time length, but standard titles can most definitely be stretched or compressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines