• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create Multiple Presets in Custom Export section?

Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In older versions of Premiere Elements (probably 2018 or earlier), I would be create multiple presets in custom video export secion. In 2019 or 2020, I do not see that opportunity. This is what I have now:

2020-06-27 14_44_31-.png

But I cannot even create new presets in Advanced Settings, even after creating one, other option disappears:

2020-06-27 14_45_04-Export Settings.png

Please suggest what I am doing wrong. I badly need this to be fixed.

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you create a preset on the Custom Preset panel (under Advanced Settings), you'll be prompted to save and name it when you exit the panel by clicking OK.

Works the same way it always has for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is, I have created one preset based on H264. Once I have created that, I do not get any option for creating more presets based on H264 format. I can select other format and make presets out of them (which are obviously useless) but not this one. 

I want to create multiple H264 presets for exporting videos.

2020-06-27 21_25_03-Adobe Premiere Elements 2020 Editor.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exact video output specs are you trying to create?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing specific my friend. I need to have flexibility to have 5/6 presets based on H264 format. I cannot. Can you? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It really depends on what specs you're trying to use, omiazad.

Under H.264 you'll find over three dozen options for resolution, frame rate and quality.

Under H.264 AVCHD you'll find 720x480, 1280x720, 1440x1080 and 1920x1080m resolutions at 24 and 29.97 fps (25 fps PAL).

Under MPEG4 you'll find a number of resolutions and frame rates for creating lower resolution MP4s.

Which is why you'll need to be more specific about what you're looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, Let me help you to understand the BUG here.

When you do not have any H264 custom preset, you have huge collection of options from where you can chose what to use:

Untitled.png

When you have made one preset like this one

2020-06-28 19_28_50-Window.png

You lost all the options. Why?

I know, I still can change attributes to my saved preset and then save a new preset but why, why I lose all those options?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its not a bug. Its just to get you started.

That is the whole point of making custom presets to set your own parameters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if it is not a bug then why this works on 2018?

Please avoid posts you do not know the solutions of. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user to user forum, omiazad. We are not engineers and we do not work for Adobe. Adobe's people rarely appear here to respond.

We speculate based on our experience and understanding. I have been offering solutions on this forum for 16 years. Ann has been helping people for several years herself. We can't always offer answers to your satisfaction, but I think you should appreciate our efforts to offer free advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I have said, you do not have to respond to the solutions you do not know. Cheers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could it be that you can't save a custom preset unless there is text in the "Comment" field?  That took me ages to find out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines