• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to determine correct settings for video input.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Up to now I was pretty sure the program (Primer Elements 2018) was selecting the correct settings for my input.

I am using a Panasonic Full HD HC-V770 camera,

I have the choice of MP4/iFrame or AVCHD

I have been using MP4/iFrame 1080 MP4 50m

I have found little guidance as to what the correct format for producing GOOD quality YouTube videos. I have discovered that I can only do time lapse in AVCHD but have yet to try it.

The same goes for out put, currently pick the Export & Share option and take what it gives me. I realize YouTube plays with the resolution, but would like to get what I can.

I do not see a yellow orange line above my clip. If I check project settings it looks like Elements has set it up as AVCHD????

Project settings.jpg

How do I determine what settings I should be using?

Set up Porject.jpg

Latest video project,  https://youtu.be/6ZyXcD8oGck

There is a setting on the camera that I have to go back and find for light in back of the object being filmed. I currently do manual white balance as if I let the camera do it the brightness of the video changes.

Thanks for your time and help.

Glenn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

I have a similar but slightly older Panasonic camcorder.

Your V770 is intended to shoot HD video.  That's 1920x1080 pixels and the same as flat panel HD TVs.   I wouldn't use "iFrame" because I think that was an Apple thing that came and went.  Maybe if you have an apple computer, it will mean something.

The most universal and highest quality your camera can shoot is  is "1920 x 1080p at 60 fps (50 Mb/s MP4)".  The files will be the largest with the most "bits" of digital information.  That and

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received this e-mail, I cannot read the language it was sent in?

Adobe Community

Hej,

Du får detta e-postmeddelande därför att innehåll du postade har godkänts av våra moderatorer.

postade 2019-feb-19 17:25

Visa meddelandet

Det här e-postmeddelandet skickades av Adobe Community eftersom du är en registrerad användare. Du kan avregistrera dig omedelbart från Adobe Community eller justera frekvensen av utskick i dina e-postinställningar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's in Swedish, means "You receive this email because the content you posted has been approved by our moderators."

good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You.

Any input of media settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the video from your Panasonic camera in the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set View to Text and then copy the report it shows for your video and post it to this forum.

Once we know the specifications of your video, we can better recommend which project settings to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar but slightly older Panasonic camcorder.

Your V770 is intended to shoot HD video.  That's 1920x1080 pixels and the same as flat panel HD TVs.   I wouldn't use "iFrame" because I think that was an Apple thing that came and went.  Maybe if you have an apple computer, it will mean something.

The most universal and highest quality your camera can shoot is  is "1920 x 1080p at 60 fps (50 Mb/s MP4)".  The files will be the largest with the most "bits" of digital information.  That and the AVCHD settings you an internal codec called "H.264".

You should ignore and skip the step of manually picking your project settings.  When you put your first clip on the timeline Premiere Elements will pick one for you.  It will be right.  If it says "AVCHD", don't worry.  You are only editing with previews at this point.

At Export&Share, Premiere Elements offers a couple choices from the "Online" tab.   They usually work.  A good choice is to output a file  under the Devices/Computer tab.  Pick the HD 1920x1080 because it matches your camera. Consider raising the quality slider to highest.  Note that the frame rate may not match your source footage!

My favorite output is to pick Export&Share > Devices > Custom and the Advanced Settings Tab.   Then there is a button to Match Source settings.  That seems to get the closest to the original quality from the camera.  With the output file on my computer, I'll review it and then use the YouTube uploader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

whsprague,

Beautiful, clear concise, and on topic.

I will print this off and when I start my next video follow your suggestions.

Thanks,

Glenn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glenn,

Thank you for the compliment.   I enjoyed your video and have subscribed to your channel.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, always looking for areas to improve on, working on audio right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glenn,

What have you tried for audio improvement?  Depending on what you've done, I may have some ideas for you.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use two cameras, and two mikes, then manually zinc them up.

I use both audio feeds and it helps with some of the echo in the shop.

Mic one is a Rode shotgun with their wind shield.

Mic two was a Comica wireless label mic. I was not that happy with this mic/unit, the mic that came with the unit did not last long. Bought a better mic and get static in the audio track. I do not know if it is the unit or the mic.

Gave up playing with it and just bought a Saramonic, I have not used it yet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are way ahead of me!    If you are wireless and have a mic on you, I can't add much. 

My version is a Blu-Tooth mic from Sony that is "relatively" cheap.  It sounds like you've got better gear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bought over time, am replacing the Comica because of poor quality

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines