Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Edit a Preset?

Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone.

I have an audio preset that includes three effects.  I am trying to add another effect to the preset, but I cannot figure out how to do that?  I cannot find any documentation anywhere that says how to do it, and I cannot find any videos online that say how to do it.  Is it even possible?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

TOPICS
FAQ , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's no different than editing a manually applied effect.

With the clip selected on the timeline, open the Applied Effects panel.

If you'll tell us which preset you've applied we can give you more specific directions for adjusting it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.  I can apply and adjust everything just fine.  But for whatever reason, when I click on "SAVE PRESET" no dialog box comes up to allow me to save it.  I have other presets that I have created previously, but the ability to save presets no longer seems to work.

For example, I had a preset that I use for guitar, and I want to add another effect. I can add "Dynamics" from the Audio Effect to the channel that I want to apply a compressor to.  I can then adjust the compressor to where I want it.  But PP won't let me save the effect settings as a preset.  What would be really great is if I can somehow merge the Dynamics effect into the other preset that I normally use for guitar so I don't have to add the Dyanmics plug-in separately every time.

I am using PP 2020 on a PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOu cannot change a preset; you need to start from scratch and remake the preset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  Well, that would explain why I can't save.  I will just rebuild from scratch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann is right. You can't save over an existing preset or save a preset that will appear with the effect.

But, as I show you in my books, you CAN save your own custom preset by right-clicking on your setting in the Applied Effects panel and saving and naming your effect.

Your custom preset effect will then appear in the My Presets category of Video Effects (even if it is an audio effect).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Steve.  Yeah, that's the part that is not working.  When I add an effect to a video clip and then right-click on it, it gives me the option to "SAVE PRESET".  However, when I click to save the preset, the dialog box that normally appears to name the preset does not appear, and the preset is not saved.

Going through the exact same process in previous versions of PP worked just fine, and I have created and saved dozens of presets.  It's just that functionality in PP does not seem to be working in the latest version of PP (2020)—at least on my PC.  I should try it on my Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines