• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to find missing projects in Premiere Elements 12?

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saved my slideshow projects I created in Premiere Elements Organizer in an external drive. I purchased another external drive and connected it to PC. Suddenly, the first external drive changed to H from F. Now I can't open projects. How can I fix this? Where had those projects been saved? I can't find any Path.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction.

I can open the projects (slide shows) but its contents (pictures and a music piece) are missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2018 Jun 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My choice would be to change the drive letter back to what it was.  Google for the instructions.  It is all done with in the Windows control system. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disk Management, yes? Issue is that I created more videos with Premiere 15 and these are in that drive. Missing may come back, which I am not 100% sure, but the new ones will be missing. No?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I want to do is to find the path of each file and navigate it to the new drive. Is it possible to change the letter?

Drive change was done automatically when I inserted the new external drive. Why did it change the existing drive letter? Is there any way I can stop it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to find the file names of the missing in the media panel.  Use Windows Explorer or (Finder on a Mac) to search for the file name.  Once you've found the file, you can use the tools in PrE to re-connect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All files show up in Media panel in Organizer. I can click it and open in Organizer but every slide is blank white. No music assigned found. I can find files' name in Metadata on the right side panel with an extension of psess. I had found all files under Program Data (I think it was).

But, where and how could I change the path? There is no file path there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Elements Organizer\Catalogs\My Catalog 1\projects

All can be found here. No association to any application, and I did associate with Elements 12 Organizer but didn't work. How can I remove this association? One issue leads me to another. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines