Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to import music from itunes?

Oct 09, 2014 Oct 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to make a simple photo slide show and want to have some songs playing in the background.  How do I import a song from my iTunes library into the video?

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 09, 2014 Oct 09, 2014

Mpls Funk

Thanks for the reply. Here is the plan.

Get your iTunes music into the iTunes Library. Use File Menu/Add File to Library.

Go to Edit Menu/Preferences/General and click on the "Import Settings" tab.

In the Import Settings dialog, set the Import Using = WAV Encoder. Click OK out of Import Settings dialog. Then click OK out of preferences.

In the iTunes Music/Songs, right click you song, and select and click on Convert WAV Version from the drop down menu.

Right click the .wav version of the son

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mpls funk

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running? And, are you working in the Elements Organizer of Premiere Elements or in the Premiere Elements Editor alone?

What format are you iTune music files in?

Best convert iTunes m4a into wav in iTunes, copy the wav file to the computer hard drive, and from there import the music into the project.

In the absence of the information requested above, I can only generalize at this time.

Looking forward to your follow up details, so that I can be very specific about the workflow.

Thank you.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ATR - thanks for the reply...here are answers to your questions.

I am using Premiere Elements 12 on a PC.  I am using the Video Editor portion, not the organizer.  Two of the music files are ones I purchased from iTunes store, so whatever their standard format is...and one is from a song I ripped off my CD in Apple Lossless format.  Hope this helps!

I look forward to your suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mpls Funk

Thanks for the reply. Here is the plan.

Get your iTunes music into the iTunes Library. Use File Menu/Add File to Library.

Go to Edit Menu/Preferences/General and click on the "Import Settings" tab.

In the Import Settings dialog, set the Import Using = WAV Encoder. Click OK out of Import Settings dialog. Then click OK out of preferences.

In the iTunes Music/Songs, right click you song, and select and click on Convert WAV Version from the drop down menu.

Right click the .wav version of the song, select Copy, and then paste the song on the desktop. From there import the song into the

project with the project's Add Media/Files and Folders into Project Assets from where you drag the song to an audio track.

Please let us know the outcome.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...the fate of the already ripped music will depend on what this "Apple Lossless Codec" is and if the file is unprotected. We

do not get involved with unprotected files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ATR - thanks for the suggestions.  I tried it on the first song I purchased and it seems to have worked!  But holy cow, the WAV file is so much larger format than the original format!  It's too bad we have to use that format.  Thank you so much for your help.  I'll let you know if I get through it all the way successfully!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mpls Funk

Thanks for the follow up.

The wav version should give you the best results.

But, in iTunes preferences, you could set for an Import Using: MP3 Encoder instead of WAV Encoder.

And then when you right click your song in Music/Songs, select Create MP3 Version instead of Create WAV Version.

Please let us know the outcome when your schedule permits.

Thanks.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 15, 2014 Oct 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SUCCESS!  Thank you so much for your help.  I got the video/slideshow finished for the presentation this weekend.  Everyone loved it and even want me to post it on their website!

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 15, 2014 Oct 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mpls Funk

Thank you for sharing the wonderful news of your success. The part about "Everyone loved it" was the mark of a job well done.

Keep up the good work. There are no bounds to creativity. The best is yet to come.

Best wishes

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so confusing, does not have a convert to WAV on drop menu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ck44  wrote

so confusing, does not have a convert to WAV on drop menu

This is a three year old topic.  Things change.  What are you trying to do with what sofware?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, same problem here.  I'm trying to use a song from my iTines Library (PC/Windows 10) in Adobe Elements 15. When I right click the song there is no option to "Create MP3/Wave." I've already changes Preferences in the 'Edit" menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Itunes music has DRM that means you cannot use it: just listen.

Create mp3/wave option does not exist anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines