• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to import NRW files into Premiere Elements 14

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to make slideshow by importing photos into Premiere Elements.  Photos were taken with Nikon Coolpix P7700 (on Adobe supported list)  and are in NRW format.  I am not able to bring in the files.  When I try to import from Organizer, get this error:   "This type of file is not supported or the required CODEC not installed."   If I try to import directly from the file folder, the NRW files are grayed out and can not be selected.  no problem with JPG files or with older Canon CR2 files. 

Able to edit the NRW files in Photoshop Elements with no issue,  and able to work with them using Bridge.  Have run updates, so have latest versions.

Configuration:

Premiere Elements 14

Elements Organizer 14

Mac OS Sierra 10.12.15

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NRW is a form of RAW photo -- so you won't be able to use it as you would, say, a PNG or JPEG.

However, you can likely open it in Photoshop Elements (which includes some pretty advanced Camera RAW features) and then output a JPEG from it that you can  use in Premiere Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My experience is different.  I was surprised when I discovered the RAW capability by accident.  There was an update for Photoshop Elements a couple versions back.  The update report said two programs were updated.   The only other one I had was Premiere Elements, so I tried to open a RAW file just like it was a video clip.  It opened!  Since then, I've ignored all of Steve's advice about editing RAW image files into resized JPEGS for videos or slideshows.

Recently I discovered another surprise.  Elect to have Lightroom write to sidecar files  (Edit > Catalog Settings > Metadata >  Automatically write changes to .xmp ).  When you "Add Media > Folders and Files", Premiere Elements reads in the RAW file and INCLUDES the Lightroom adjustments.  

My RAW files come from 2 Panasonic and 1 Sony camera.  I do not know why a RAW file from a supported Nikon would not also work.  If you post a sample file on DropBox or equivalent, I'll try it.   I'm running Premiere Elements 15 on a strong PC.  It may be different for a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines