• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make rolling credits fill the clip in Premiere Elements 11

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Premiere Elements 11 installed on my iMac and I am new to the programme.

I am tying to append some basic information to some excercise class videos and thought the best option was to include them as rolling credits at the beginning of the video. I tried doing this on a blank black clip and then join it to the excercise video using another programme but came across problems with differnt formats and codecs.

I have therefore opened the exercise video in Premiere Elements and added a scrolling credit by dragging it from the Titles & Text bin to the front of the timeline.

My problem is to make the credit run slow enough to be able to read the words. I managed to find out that from a youtube tutorial by dragging the credits part of the video along the time line it extends the run time and slows down the scrolling text. However I have a small delay before the credits start and a longer delay after the last word exits the top of the frame before the accompanying video starts.

I need some help please to reduce these two delays. I have attached two screenshots, the first showing the credits starting at approximately 3 seconds and  second showng the credits ending at approximately 28 seconds. The video does not start until aproximately 32 second so there is a 4 second delay of black screen. All the information I can find online relates to Premier Pro which is much more sophisticated.

Also two supplimentary questions.

1) The introductory text on the excercise vidoe has a dark grey/brown background not black. Q. Is there any way to change the credits to the same background colour.

2) I seem to have a few issues with formatting the credits. I have tried to put in carriage returns at the end of each line to seperate the lines of text to make them easier to read but often they revert. Q. Can you only paste or type text into the lines where it showes "Text Here".and if copied directly from MS Word does the underlying html formatting cause a problem and should I paste the text into a basic text editor first?

Many thanks

Fozzie

TOPICS
Tips and tricks , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure it needs to be that complicated, Fozzie.

Just format a Word or text document, complete with line breaks, as you'd like it to appear as your credits. Cut and paste the text from this document into a blank title (By selecting New Text/Default Text from the Text menu) and then format and color the text as you'd like. It's okay if it runs off the screen. That's why you're setting it up on Word or Notepad. You won't be able to get to the stuff off screen to edit it once you bring it into a title.

While still in the Title Adjustments, go to the program's Text menu and select Roll/Crawl options  and, on the panel that opens, select Roll. (You may want to position your title at the bottom of the screen so it roll up.) Extend the title on your timeline to control its speed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks Steve, I will try that for next video. One of the problems I had initially was duplication of text when I pasted into the title screen but your suggestion might resolve that problem.

Do you have any tips to reduce the change the background colour of the credits and in particular the delays at the beginning and end of the title before the video starts as thats my biggest issue?

Fozzie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've not experienced the delays so I'm not sure what's up there. Is that true in your final output or just when you play the timeline?

To add a colored background to your title, please your title on the Video 2 track and place a color graphic on Video 1, below it. You can create a color background by selecting New Item/Color Matte from the Project Assets panel's option button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks Steve will try that with the colour graphic. The delay is both on the timeline and the rendered output. I know I can drag the title frame along the timeline which extends the period and slows down the title but I just dont know how to crop the 4 second or so at the end. It doesnt sound much but when you are watching it seems to take ages before the video starts. see the two screenshots I uploaded in the original question in the first you can just see the text coming up the bottom of the frame and the last just dissapearing off the top of the frame. On the timline its 28 second and the video does not start until 32 seconds.

I must admit Ive not yet tried a still text title and added scrolling animation as you suggested so that might resolve it but the built in scrolling title has a delay

Fozzie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines