How to Open PE21 in Secondary Monitor?

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon,

I just purchased APE21 to do some video editing. I have 2 monitors - primary is a 1080p gaming monitor, and my secondary is a 4k monitor. The secondary monitor is the one used for all of my editing purposes, but I cannot get it to open up on my 4k monitor, so what happens is it opens up on the 1080p monitor, and when I drag it over to the 4k monitor, it looks terrible and most settings are greyed out. Does anyone know a fix for this? Thank you in advance for your help!

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About the only solution is to make your 4K monitor your primary monior. But you probably don't want to do that.

Premiere Elements functions differently in a primary monitor than it does in a secondary.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - did you ever find a solution to this? I have the same problem - 1080p monitor as primary, 4K monitor on secondary. I can't get Premiere Elements 2018 to maximize the window on the secondary monitor. If I try then it automatically snaps back to the primary monitor. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it won't let me edit my post - seeing lots of older posts with this issue, but they are all from circa 2017-2018...was hoping maybe this one had a newer solution since this was the only post from 2020 I saw. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hahvahdsquah2,

The software hasn't changed.  When I had a second monitor, I worked to become good at using the operating system tools to switch primary and secondary monitors.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines