• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remove black background in Adobe Premiere?

New Here ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a transparent png logo which I want to animate (rotate in place), but when I add it to the timeline, black background is added. How can I remove the background, or retain the transparent nature of the png file? 

Thanks and sorry if it's a silly question. 

Edit: I tried the luma key, which I've seen suggested elsewhere, but it removes the logo itself and not the background. 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Black is the lack of everything.  To change it you have to put something there that is not transparant.  Try adding a colored matt from the menu in the Project Assets section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But then there will be color behind the logo. Is it impossible to export an animation without a background? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps the Chroma Key would work after putting what has the black blackground into the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can export an animation with a transparant background (alpha channel)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of the properties of this png to determine if the png realy has a transparant background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think this is what you're trying to do. How to add a logo without a rectangular background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines