• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am running premier 10 on windows 8.1.

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just spent hours creating a video which I rendered. I then added some naration and while doing so noticed that some clips had got separated in the timeline???? Then I tried selecting the clips and dragging them back to the correct place. I saved the project closed and reopened elements to find that ,although the project name was visible it would not open and seems to have disappeared into the ether!!! Anyone any smart suggetsions as to what could have happened??

[Moved from the Lounge (which is where you can "connect with your peers" from across all of Adobe's products for conversations that don't directly relate to help and support) to a product-specific support forum - moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post some screen captures of what is happening so we can see it?

It might be clearer what is going on after we can see what you're describing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thank you for your response. Unfortunately I cannot give any screen shots as the total project has disappeared. As I mentioned some of the clips got separated  I.e a big empty gap between them. I tried highlighting this gap and deleting it and closing gap, did not work so tried dragging the clips back together. Everything then disappeared. I am probably clutching at straws asking if this has happened to anyone else!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Current versions have an auto save/backup scheme.  I can't remember if version 10 does. 

Look for a folder that says "Premiere Elements Auto-Save".  In it should be some files with a suffix of .prel   Open the newest with a double click.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Though this kind of behavior is unprecedented! I'd be very concerned about my computer system. Either there's a resource issue or you've got some kind of malware at work.

What processor do you have with how much RAM? How much free, clean, defragmented space is on your hard drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve and WSprague

Thank you for your input. I have found the answer to my problem (and ought to be ashamed to admit it) but I will.  Firstly after ws's response I did a search of my PC and actually found the saved files. I went back to the 8th March save and it opened ok. Checked the timeline and all was ok so started to edit again. I began adding narration and soundtracks and that is when I spotted what I had been doing wrong. I was adding full length soundtracks without checking the video clip time and hence the soundtrack was forcing the video track apart, aprt from not having a brain ,that was the reason. Sorry to have troubled you and thanks again for your input.

Graham

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

rustler1  wrote

Hi Steve and WSprague

....I have found the answer to my problem ...

Thanks for providing the end of the story!

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please mark this thread as correctly answered, rustler.

Glad you got it all worked out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines