• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I bought the disk of Premiere Elements 2019 but when I install, Adobe says I must purchase itI

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A year or so ago I bought Adobe Premiere Elements 2019, installed it and it worked find.  Then a few months ago I starged getting green stripes across the preview screen.  I updated all my drivers and that did nothing.  Finally I uninstalled Premiere Elements and tried to re-install with the disk I'd bought.  That didn't work so I downloaded it to install it  and got a screen that says I have the 30 day free trial or I can buy it right now.  I uninstalled that since I'd already paid for it and tried installing with the disk again.  It installed fine but then said I had to sign in and again presented the pop-up that I could start a 30 day free trial and then purchase it or purchase it right now.  Since I already purchased it, why is it giving me this false message?  How do I use my paid for and installed Adobe Premiere Elements 2019 without this happening?  Attached is a screen shot of the message I keep getting.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Do not count on Windows to be fully up to date when it comes to device drivers
Go to the vendor site to be sure you have an updated driver for your graphic adapter
•nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
•ATI Driver https://www.amd.com/en/support

There are also intermittent reports that the newest driver is not always the best driver due to driver bugs or compatibility issues, so you MAY need to try an earlier driver version

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the bottom there is an button called Lisence your software.

Hit that and enter your serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ann -

Thank you for your prompt reply. 

Unfortunately, I can find no 24-digit numeric code on the packaging or the DVD sleeve.  I purchased this in a store (Best Buy).  The only code is a 24 digit alpha numeric Redemption Code that is on an insert that was in the box. .This will not key into the serial number request boxes. 

I don't recall having to go through all of this when I first installed Premiere Elements.

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you already do this?

Redemption Code to get serial number https://redeem.licenses.adobe.com/getserial

If yes, you should have saved the serial number you were given

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John -

Thank you for your suggestion.  I input the redemption number and was able to obtain the serial number which I entered and Premiere Elements loaded.

Unfortunately, after all of this, I'm still left with my initial problem which were green horizontal lines which obscure the preview window.  I've been to the Adobe rooms that discuss this and the general consensus is that one needs to upgrade the graphics card driver which I did.  That still didn't work.  I'd thought that by uninstalling the program and re-installing the problem would be solved but, alas, that did not occur.

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not count on Windows to be fully up to date when it comes to device drivers
Go to the vendor site to be sure you have an updated driver for your graphic adapter
•nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
•ATI Driver https://www.amd.com/en/support

There are also intermittent reports that the newest driver is not always the best driver due to driver bugs or compatibility issues, so you MAY need to try an earlier driver version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi John

I am going to be buying a MacBook Pro 16 and leaving the Windows environment which is a big headache.  Hopefully Premiere Elements works better in the Apple environment.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines