• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cannot upload to youtube or any other social media

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for some reason I cannot upload to any social media. It's frustrating because I paid a good buck for this and I should be dealing with this. Can anyone help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What error message are you getting?

Is your movie longer then 15 minutes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it says an error was encountered. if I click retry it'll happen again. I'm

using adobe premiere element 2018. I literally just got this. there should

be no reason on any this should be happening. I'm using it on Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Second question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no. even a 5 minute video would not upload. I would try to you the direct upload from YouTube itself but a 5 minute upload would take at least 40 hrs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although the feature is built in, due to unpredictable changes at YouTube and other variables it can be randomly unreliable.  Always reliable is a two step process.  First, output a high quality video that plays well on your computer.  Then, second, use the standard YouTube uploader to get it on line.

Total processing time will be th same and you have the additional benefit of being able to add a preview before uploading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the YouTube uploaded is completely unreliable. it takes too long for a 5

minute video. not to mention my usual 1 hr long videos on full hd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upload manually as most of us do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was testing a 5 minute video. it took me around 6 hrs so long would an hr

long video take

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If manually uploading to youtube takes that long it is an issue with Youtube.

Try later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If a five minute video takes 40 hours with the YouTube uploader, you have an internet connection problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no my internet speed is great. it hits at around 80mbps. so it's not my

internet at all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't mean to sound patronizing, but I want to provide a type of checklist of what might prevent your videos from uploading to YouTube; so bear with me. I use PRE 2018 for creating and uploading videos for YouTube twice a week for a current total of about 170 videos. They run, on the average, about 15-20 minutes. They're a mix of video and graphics created external to PRE. The videos and most of the images are created with an iPhone. The graphics are further edited with Adobe Photoshop Elements and Fireworks. Most of the graphics in Fireworks default to PNG format, which preserves layers and transparencies; but they are huge compared to JPG format. So all of the graphics are saved to JPG before mixing in with Premier Elements 2018. The point is that you need to pay attention to the size of the files you plan to render and upload. Video size is primarily a function of time (length of video) and graphics for dimension, quality and file type.

1. The process of uploading to YouTube is actually a two-step one from PRE even though you click the button to start the process only once. First your video is rendered, and then it is uploaded. Using a 5-minute video without any added text or graphics, try the following, first:

a. Turn off all other applications on your computer.

b. Click Export and Share (upper-right corner) and Choose Online

c. Select HD 720; Quality Standard.

d. Click Begin Share -- choose Private for the "Public" dropdown that appears. Just use the word "test" for everything else.

If that doesn't work go to Step 2.

2. This will save your video as a rendered one to your computer.

a. Turn off all other applications on your computer.

b. Click Export and Share (upper-right corner) and Choose Quick Export (default)

c. Click Save

d. Once the file is saved, upload to YouTube using the YouTube upload

Please let us know if either works. It's important to appreciate that the size and quality of all elements on your video add to the processing work on your processor and the amount of bandwidth used to upload your video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines