• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have a licence but Premier Elements says the product is unlicenced?

Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use Premier Elements in Belfast Zoo for education.  The product is licenced, but Premier Elements is having a 'computer says no' moment and says we are using a trial version, and puts this message across the middle of our videos.  It's damn annoying frankly!!

I can't even find where I can re-enter the key to see if this helps.

Any thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of the program do you have on what operating system?

Where does it say you are using the trial version? Are you getting a pop-up when you open the program that warns you that you are using the trial or are you seeing a banner across your video preview panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply.  It is V14, running on Windows 10.  It is not my Pc, but I am trying to provide support.  The trial message shows in a banner across and videos, and when I ran Belarc to pick up the licence number, the software shows the licence number, but also has (unlicenced) in brackets after the product name.

I'm told that it was originally installed last October, so the licence should be valid.

Zoo.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the Windows 10 directory folder where your project files are stored. (By default this is Documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements/13.0)

Delete the folder Adobe Premiere Elements Preview Files.

When you next relaunch the program, this banner should disappear (assuming your program is properly activated and that your are logged into the program.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

As you open the Premiere Elements Editor, click on help at the top and check if it shows the option to 'sign in', if it does, it would mean that you are not yet signed in. Click on sign in and sign in using your Adobe ID. It will, then, ask you whether you want to run Trial or License the software, click on License this software and enter the serial number when prompted by the program. If you see 'Sign out' under Help menu, then sign out and sign back in and follow the above steps

Open the project where you are still getting trial watermark, the watermark should not be there once the program is licensed, however, if it still there, click on Timeline> delete rendered files.

(Please Note if the watermark is there on the original clips which were imported to the project, we would not be able to remove it).

Hope it helps.

Thanks and regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines