• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I'm constantly deleting my whole timeline due to it being selected from rendering previously?

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I work on a project I usually am setting In and Out markers along the way and rendering different sections.

Once rendered these sections obviously stay selected, thus whenever I am working on something further down the timeline and I miss-press delete, the whole prerendered sections get deleted.

It's even more annoying when your far enough down the timeline and you don't realise this has happened because you cant see it.

You cant just Ctrl+Z to get it back because you will lose everything you just worked on.

Plus when working on big projects, if I delete a huge edited section of the timeline and then Ctrl+Z to get it back, it lags out my whole computer, crashes and then I've lost everything since my last save.

I don't know if this is a common problem among users or whether its just me and a weird setting I have enabled, but it seems far too annoying for people to just ignore.

Does anyone have a solution for me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont see how pressing delete removes the rendering unless you have DELETE targeted to Delete Rendered files in your shortcuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't get it either. Once you start working on another part of your timeline, you'll have selected your new clips -- right? -- not your previously selected clips.

So I'm not sure it's a common workflow experience or design flaw at all -- unless I'm missing something obvious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So once the area has been rendered on the timeline, the clips that are within the in and out markers seem to either stay selected or get automatically selected to then allow them to get deleted.

I've noticed it happens most frequently when I go to ripple delete empty sections between clips on the timeline.

If there was a way from stopping the clips within the in and out markers from getting selected then I wouldn't have a problem.

As it is, I'm suprised no one else seems to have raised the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you select clips to render then after render you make sure you deselect by clicking in an empty area. Then continue editing.

If Elements acts weird trash preferences by holding down shift+alt+ctrl while opening Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines