• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I'm having trouble adding video clips that I've edited through Premiere Elements 15 to my current video project in the same program.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on my first video with Premiere Elements 15 on a PC.  My previous experience has been with Microsoft Movie Maker in the past and everything proceeded without incident.   Currently, with Premiere Elements, I've edited 4 video clips and saved them.  Then I tried to add them to my video project and only two would add and the other two clips gave an error message that said: "This type of file is not supported, or the required codec is not installed."  I'm new to working on video editing, and I'm not familiar with codecs.  I assumed if I uploaded the video and edited it with Premiere Elements, then I could use the same clip in future projects.  I'm able to pull up the video and work on it through the file menu under opening recent projects, but it will not import through the add media button.  Any suggestions? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Steve,

Thanks for your response.  I had not outputted the two videos that were giving me trouble.  I was able to finish them and use them for my master project.  I did not realize that I needed a program called Quicktime.  I loaded it onto my computer.  Do I need to delete and reload my Premiere Elements program?

Thanks for your help,

Jan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say you've edited four clips and "saved them". Does that mean you output these four videos? If so, what did you output them as?

Also, do you have Quicktime installed, per the program's system requirements? Quicktime adds necessary components for working with some video files.

QuickTime 7.6 for Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve,

Thanks for your response.  I had not outputted the two videos that were giving me trouble.  I was able to finish them and use them for my master project.  I did not realize that I needed a program called Quicktime.  I loaded it onto my computer.  Do I need to delete and reload my Premiere Elements program?

Thanks for your help,

Jan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need to reinstall Premiere Elements, Jan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve,

Thank you for your help. I have another issue that I'm having trouble with. I have some photos that I added to my timeline that are too big to display in the video. I did some editing on them in Photoshop Elements then did a batch resize to 1000 by 750 (the same as I had previously sized photos for this project) and the more recent batch are all too big in the timeline. I cannot figure out what I did differently. I've retried the process, but had the same results again.

Any suggestions?

Jan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the width and height of your photos, measured in pixels?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The measurements are 750 x 971 pixels

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Such an odd resolution for photos.

Didn't you say you batch resized the photos to 1000x750?

Also, are you saying that your 750x971 photos are too large to display in your timeline?

Janice, I think there's much here that needs to be dug into. I wish you'd have started your own thread so we could focus on yours completely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes...I thought that I asked for those dimensions, I'm not sure why they came out with different numbers. Before I resize the photos again, let me ask you: does the width and length always refer to the width being the smallest side regardless of portrait vs landscape presentation of the photo? The photos in my video are from multiple types of film taken over 30 years time. They are presented in both portrait and landscape. Can I resize them together in a batch?

Thanks for your help!

Jan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can set either the width or the height. If you leave the Constrain Proportions box checked, the program will automatically set whichever you don't.

Width is always the measurement from left to right. Height is always up and down. So, yes, you can batch resize them but yoru portrait photos are going to probably be larger than your landscape photos.

For instance (and this is why I wish you'd have started your own thread) if you set the batch resizer up to resize your photos to 1000 pixels wide, your landscape photos will come out 1000x720 while your portrait photos will come out 1000 wide and 1333 pixels tall. Don't get too concerned about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve,

I've been slowly getting through my first video project with this program. I've relied heavily on your videos that I've found online. I will likely have another questions, since the photos that I've added some writing to (done with the "T" editor in the photoshop elements program) have also been too large for my video, eventhough I resized them before bringing them back over to premiere elements. I'm unable to work on this project today, so I'll post my question when I can follow the thread. I imagine that my questions are very basic, but if you think that they will be of help to someone else, I'll post the next one!

Thanks for your help.

Jan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jan, please start a new thread so that we can focus exclusively on your unique issues.

I'm glad you've found my tutorials helpful. I also have step by step books on Amazon and a web site (Muvipix.com) which includes tips and tutorials and a free Community Forum where you can get fast answers to these kinds of questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines