Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I want my money back

Oct 06, 2018 Oct 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe. I was an intermittent user of Premiere Elements 13. To days ago I started on a new project, interviews done by a friend that need to be edited, very basic stuff. But each time I loaded the video in the editor and started working or rendering, the program would crash, freeze, stop halfway the rendering. After checking for updates and such standard troubleshooting attempts, I realized that maybe this version was a bit old, given the evolution of Windows 10. So I bought the upgrade to the 2019 version. Installation went smooth enough, but this version is even more crash-prone that the old one. This is on a Dell XPS-15 2017, with or without the Nvidia graphics processor, Windows 10 64 bit fully patched up, version 1809. Premiere manages to completely crash Windows, something no other program has done to me. . I am done with this, will not spend more time on debugging your video editor. I got the Magix Vegas Movie Studio, which does all I need for half the money and is behaving as it should. Please let me know how to get reimbursed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

Here is how to get a refund:

Return or exchange a non-subscription product

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2018 Oct 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no Adobe employees here.  This is a user based group.

If you bought it directly from Adobe, you can get to customer support with this link:

Contact Customer Care

It is a online chat session.  I don't know of a phone number. 

If you bought from a retailer, you need to go to them. 

Anybody else reading this should know that this is the reason there is a trial version!

I'm sorry you have this trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are some other things to check.

1. How big is the video? A very big one could foul up your Win10 memory.

2. You may have downloaded a bad copy of PRE 2019. (Check the download and I'd suggest using Google Chrome ... I had a problem with other browsers)

3. You may have an error in the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear forum members,

I do appreciate your efforts to help me solve my problems with Premiere Elements 2019, but I am afraid this is a waste of your and my time. No, I didn’t download a pre-release version and I did download it with Chrome. Maybe my video is big, but that should not be a reason to crash my entire OS. A simple error message would suffice.

I worked half a century in IT, starting with writing a multi-tasking OS for the PDP8, continuing with a networked version of RT-11 on the PDP11 minicomputer, etc. Just saying – I am not new to computers. I am an avid user of Lightroom since the first beta version, with 20k of my own picture in my catalog. I did video editing with various programs from Adobe and others.

I tried PE with my Nvidia as well as my built-in Intel gpu. I tried to load the 30 clips in one go and in batches of no more than 10 clips. When I ask PE to render anything longer that a few minutes, it simple skips that, it hangs halfway or it crashes. It eats all system resources to the point that Windows Task Manager tells me it cannot show any details for lack of resources (but at least it knows how to tell me!).

The real problem is that some time ago, Adobe changed is priorities from creating great products to creating rich people. In the name of shareholder value, these folks work hard to increase to short-term stock price, using anything from subscription service to minimizing product development and support, thus forfeiting the future of the company and the value it provides to millions of people who are dependent on its products for their businesses and hobbies.

The irony is that a large part of the population is, through their savings and pension funds, shareholder and as such has been made to believe that tying the enumeration of their board members to the stock price would insure the long-term value of their investments. Instead, they got the greediest of the greedy to milk their business until an empty shell is all that is left.

The result is that if I try to contact Adobe, I am sent in a maze of web pages that always return me to the same spot without offering anything other than FAQ’s and a user forum. The result is software that is optimized for sales, with ever *new* features that should warrant upgrades and subscription, that works only for small demonstration projects but has never been tested on real work.

Am I unreasonable? I downloaded a copy of a low-level video editor, loaded my clips and can work on them without any issue. So how could that be too difficult for Adobe’s video editor?

I wish you all the best and good luck with trying to help Adobe customers. I am no longer one of them.

PS. The title of my post expresse my disappointment ; I do not really expect to get my 82 € back from these folks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm relatively new as an "ACP".  It has not been a half century, but Premiere Elements has worked well for me for half a decade!  As an ACP, I might be able to have an Adobe person contact you with refund information.  I've not yet tested that "connection".

Would you like me to try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi whsprague, Well, of course, that experiment seems worth doing! Thank you in advance. Let me know if you need an order number or such info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you try Peru Bob's method first?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course. I hadn't seen his post when I responded to yours. thanks to his link, I manager to get into a chat session and I think the issue is resolved. Thank you all for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good news.  Thanks for posting that it worked out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It has been a while, but I want to update you all. While Adobe's chat agent seemed to accept that I would use my right to undo the online purchase (in Europe that is the law). They indicated that it could take up to 5 days for my reimbursement to arrive, but nothing happened. I then opened a case with PayPal. They too tried and failed to get a useful response from Adobe and then reimbursed me. Good for PayPal, not so good for Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is how to get a refund:

Return or exchange a non-subscription product

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines